Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Prelude Help

Old 10-26-2005, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prelude Help

I own a 93 Lude Si, problem is, here goes...the other night im driving down henderson and hit a bump pretty hard(thanks to the suv with the highbeams on ) well my radio turned off soon after and kept turning on and off, well i get to where im going handle my bizness, come out, crank the car pull back and the car just dies, well its late at night and i figured out the main battery fuse went good bye(turns out i forgot to reinstall my battery tiedown after doing some work in that area, the battery jumped and hit the hood causing that problem.) so after finally getting home and waking up to go buy a new fuse at the dealer a week goes by car is running fine. all of a sudden i pull to my mothers house and go inside for like an hour come out and the car wont turn over, actually it has full juice but nothing, turn the key and u get nothing, all the lights come on and there is no hint of a bad battery, everything works but the car wont even attempt to turn over, i checked the main relay and it turns on, i hear the pump whine, i even install another main relay from my girls accord and nothing, im not very happy right now and my car is at my mothers and im driving her crappy protege. somebody please help. thanks in advance
TR "Old Skool" DA member #60

Santos618 - Xbox 360 gamertag
GTA4
Forza 4
Madden 12
open to any good online games, i just suck at shooters lol
Old 10-26-2005, 05:26 PM

Default noise?

does it make any kind of noise? if it makes a click more than likley your starter, if no noise then its possably battery alt. or mayB there is another fuse...i used to have a 92 SI and that sorta happened but with my alarm and it was my alt...just an idea. but make sure your juice is good in your bat and your alt charges...
Old 10-27-2005, 06:21 AM

well there is no clicking noise from the starter, i gave it a few bangs just in case and still nothing, there is full juice, i tested the alt. a few days before when the main fuse blew, and it held charge, im thinking the igniter inside the dizzy went kaput. anyone else have insight on this?

GTA4
Forza 4
Madden 12
Old 10-28-2005, 02:39 PM
VOD
Field Rep

if u are looking for a h22 do not buy from password jdm thay screwed me and sent me the wrong tranni...cms said thay might be able to get me a h22 long block from somone that know ...hit up punkinterviews....thay did my swap and alot more too...
Old 10-28-2005, 06:29 PM

if u want a motor order from Hmotorsonline their the only place i know that none of my friends ever had a problem with. I just Ordered my Type S Pistons from them, and they were shipped out the same day.

As far as your problem goes. check the little switch on the clutch pedal there is supposed to be a grommet there. if it fell out it wont push the switch and it wont turn over.

Or check the starter.

If u are in the area i can stop by one day and take a look.

Honda of Wesley Chapel Crew Member #1

TR 5th Gen Civic CREW Member # 07

TR H2B crew #2

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
Old 10-28-2005, 07:50 PM

try reseting your ecu
Old 10-29-2005, 08:45 PM
Green Lantern Corps

Originally Posted by Blue92ludesi
if u want a motor order from Hmotorsonline their the only place i know that none of my friends ever had a problem with. I just Ordered my Type S Pistons from them, and they were shipped out the same day.

As far as your problem goes. check the little switch on the clutch pedal there is supposed to be a grommet there. if it fell out it wont push the switch and it wont turn over.

Or check the starter.

If u are in the area i can stop by one day and take a look.
mario i though you were getting the type s pistons off ebay? also have you put the h23 in the civic yet?

If you're not cracking oil pans your not low
Old 10-30-2005, 01:27 AM

No and No, the ones on ebay i got outbid for. besides i trust Hmotors more anyway.

and no the H23 is being parted for the crank and rods for machine work.

Honda of Wesley Chapel Crew Member #1

TR 5th Gen Civic CREW Member # 07

TR H2B crew #2

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
Old 10-30-2005, 06:05 AM
proud father ;D

Do you have a volt meter? Check and see if the starter is getting juice. Does the check engine light come on at all? If so, check and see what codes its running. If it happens to be a bad switch at the clutch, you can unplug it, cut the wires and soider them together (its what I did on my Prelude back in the day). Did you double check all of the other fuses? Let us know how it turns out.

-Mike

http://www.myspace.com/jdmmike02

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
2004 Kawasaki ZX6R - SOLD
Old 10-30-2005, 02:46 PM

sorry for not posting i been busy, i havent checked for that grommet behind the clutch i will do that tomorrow morning. i checked all the fuses and they are all okay, will also double check the volts around the dizzy and starter again to make sure. thanks for the responses.

about the swap im not sure what exactly i wanna do, either h22 all motor, or h23 turbo with a future stroker kit and vtec head. i dont know but i do know im not getting rid of her. anyone selling prelude springs, pref. h&r race or eibach pro kit.

GTA4
Forza 4
Madden 12