Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Best aftermarket cams for GSR

Old 10-19-2005, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best aftermarket cams for GSR

What are the best aftermarket cams to put in a GSR? I read a post where Bert-O says that skunk2's and Buddy Club's wear out too quickly. I really wanted to get Buddy Club cams but now I'm not too sure. The ITR's just don't give enough power so what are great Stage 1 or 2 type cams. Thanks.
DC CREW MEMBER #18
Old 10-19-2005, 07:27 PM

JUN / TODA

Old 10-19-2005, 07:40 PM

JUN & Toda make very nice cams.
There are tons of cam options on the market.

I am guessing your gsr's compression ratio is stock (10.2:1) ?
If so, I would not recommend purchasing a cam more aggressive then a skunk2 stage 1 or toda spec a unless you bump your compression up to at least 11.0:1.

Authorized Dealer & Tuner for: Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, AEM, Crome, Precision Turbo, Omni Power, Walbro, Innovate & more. Dyno Tuning Services, Ecu Chipping, Chipped Ecus, Conversion Harnesses, Widebands, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Map Sensors & more.
For more information visit http://www.Phearable.net or call 1-888-236-9831
Old 10-19-2005, 07:55 PM

Yea it's stock but I do have Wiseco 11:1 pistons but I need them to be put in within a day since I need my car for work and it's a daily driver so I have to figure something out on that. I read Toda Spec A's really aren't worth the money. I was thinking Jun but not sure how much the cost is on those probably more or the same as the toda's. I want Buddy club spec III plus or Spec IV's but now I'm concerned they will wear out fast because of what Bert-O said on someone else's post.
DC CREW MEMBER #18
Old 10-19-2005, 08:07 PM

Check http://www.phearable.net/tech/cams.txt for specs on most of the cams your looking at.

Authorized Dealer & Tuner for: Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, AEM, Crome, Precision Turbo, Omni Power, Walbro, Innovate & more. Dyno Tuning Services, Ecu Chipping, Chipped Ecus, Conversion Harnesses, Widebands, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Map Sensors & more.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:34 PM

Thanks. I don't know I'm going to have to think about this or I may have to get my pistons put in before I get the cams.
DC CREW MEMBER #18

Last edited by alias; 10-19-2005 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by alias
Thanks. I don't know I'm going to have to think about this or I may have to get my pistons put in before I get the cams.
You could always boost it

Old 10-19-2005, 10:26 PM
You boys like Mexico!!!

Id say toda...i had them in my b16 n i loved themq
Old 10-20-2005, 04:26 AM
yO!

well, you need to ask yourself this?

-How long do you plan on having this motor?

-How much power are you looking to get?

-If you are buying new cams, have you ever thought about buying new rollars rockers, LMAs and valvetrain setup?

-How do you plan on sucking the extra air to meet your cam profiles need for air? Head work? Intake type?

-Do you know how to cam degree cams?

-If so, thats more accurate than you standard cam gears that seems to off in the 1st place.

Anyways, I can go on and on about aftermarket cams. Yes, alot of them do make good power, but alot of them don't cause not probaly install correctly or tune correctly. Toda A's are kick ass cams in the midrange, but keep in mind, how your are pushing the air in and out. Your el-cheapo DC Header will do okay, but will yeild more power with a better flowing header, i.e. Toda, Hytech, SMSP, DTR, etc.

Funny, a year ago I tried a few different cams. To date, I like OEM, lol.

I'm gong to tried some Pro1s, M22s and maybe RLZ cams. Seen more people having better luck with these.

FYI, stock ITR cams with a toda head I put down 186hp, 134tq. I know a few people down more than me with stock cams.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:24 AM

I have always been a fan of oem itr/ctr cams.