Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

h22a tranny install in prelude

Old 08-24-2005, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h22a tranny install in prelude

im working on my jdm h22a swap, just got done changing the clutch and flywheel and im having a problem putting the tranny back on. on that level of agrivation where im ready to turn hulk and toss the whole engine, so i was wondering if anyone had tips to get it back on easier? got the engine dropped on a hoist outside the car, want to get it back on so i can do my swap this weekend. any help appreciated, worst scenario if someone wanna come by, im in tampa, and do it for me, ill give you some cash
Old 08-24-2005, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tampa, near town and country area, not far from internation airport

ive done clutch jobs before, but was in a toyota pickup, honda accord, and geo storm, and engine was always on the car, this one is on the floor and seems to be a little harder to line everything up to put it back on. Just need to put the tranny back on engine and bolt it up then i can take it from there and finish my swap

yea if i dont get this done....2morrow.?.. hows $40 just for mounting a tranny sound! need this done by sunday, only have sunday and monday off of work so i plan on disconnecting everything sat afta work, pulling and droping on sunday, and finishing up monday.

someone tell me they had a hard time with this too, and a good miracle slide on remedy.

EDIT!!! found my problem, see the instructions in installing said, take note on how oem clutch was so i can put this one in the same way.... well this clutch dont want to slide on the grooves unless i flip it around to face the oposite way. what do you think? already contacted the people i bought it from.

everything back together, had to play with the clutch to break the grooves in, not sure what was causing it not to go on, but i got it

Last edited by Epidemic813; 08-26-2005 at 02:30 PM.