Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Need an answer about this

Old 07-05-2005, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need an answer about this

My RPMs drop drasticaly when i turn on my ac and the belt squeaks i have readjusted the belt several times and lubricated it. and when i idle the rpms will drop down to 200 or 0 and the car will almost stall. now even when i idle with no ac the rpms wil stay at about 500 and when i push the clutch in when driving i will sometimes get as low as 200.
this happened once before and the car stalled out and i ended up having to get my engine coils replaced. I dont know if it is a wiring problem or what it is nobody seems to know what it is. i dont really know what it is, how much to fix it or who would fix it. if you have any questions u can email me at rwalton20@hotmail.com or instant message at dailyfacade84
Old 07-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Powered by BOOST

what year make car do you own? low idle is either due to gumed up t/body or bad iac valve. as far as the a/c could be over charged or no fans causing causing the compresser to bog down the engine . get the car to idle at 750-800 rpm first and recheck the a/c.

Street Car on 25PSI V V V V V V

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sn1WsbI0UQ

S D M
Old 07-06-2005, 05:32 AM

98 Gsr
Old 07-06-2005, 05:52 AM
I'm Awesome

i have a compressor that i can sell to you for 50 bucks, its from an integra. if you are in the area give me a call you can stop by and see if it will fit

-John
Aim: le lead
Cell: (813)843-8523
Old 07-06-2005, 06:01 AM

replace the clutch and coil on the compressor. Also make sure you have enough refregeriant oil in the compressor. I think its like 2oz. All honda compressors come with oil already in them if you where to buy new. But for 50 bucks for a another compessor thats not bad at all. You would probably spend around 160 or more to replace the coil and clucth on yours. Thats if this is all ac related like it sounds like? You say only when you turn on ac does your car stall or nearly stall out?
Old 07-06-2005, 01:46 PM