Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

wheels wont spin

Old 05-16-2005, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheels wont spin

I have a b16 with integra axels on the crx. My wheels will not spin after I tightened the axels nuts. (E-brake is off and its out of gear) I was able to spin the rim before that with the front end jacked up. I back tracked and loosen them and I am able to spin the driver side but the passenger side is still locked up and this is without the axel nuts on. Could I have put the axels on the wrong side??? any suggestions

Old 05-16-2005, 08:22 AM

I know its crazy. I even tried to force it. I got in the car and tried to drive it foward and it just wants to stall out or break.... hopefully someone has had something like this before

Old 05-16-2005, 08:34 AM
get big or die trying!!

it's your wheel bearing, the same thing happened to me on my eg, i tighted the lug nuts and i could mover the car for shit it felt like it was cemented down, try this jack the car up and take the wheel off or both whatever, then grab the brake rotor and shake it side to side and up and down see if thier is alot of play ifso that's it wheel bearing. also did you just replace the brakes?
Old 05-16-2005, 09:10 AM

Had the same shit happen on my friends Crx when we swapped it....The axle was pushed against the metal ring on the back of the hub(sorry dont know the tech word for it)..He tore the ring off car rolled fine..Just jack up the car find out what wheel is not spinning and lossen up the axle bolt.If the wheel spins then that is the problem
Old 05-16-2005, 09:38 AM
engine building &best

yes your has to pop off the dust ring on the hubs that is your problom get a flat head screwdriver and just pop it off

175+served in engines built from minime to gsr/lsvtec,b16 b20vtec,d15 k24 powerhouses or just rebuilds.life is good
i like when people don't take my advice.cause then i make more money when u need it rebuild the right way!

how many speed holes do i need in my bumper,b4 i can run 15's?
Old 05-16-2005, 11:58 AM

good shit rang, that was it. We got wheel spin!!!!!!
Originally Posted by rangcrx
yes your has to pop off the dust ring on the hubs that is your problom get a flat head screwdriver and just pop it off

Old 05-16-2005, 11:55 PM

Yes Rangcrx...I would have never thought of that