Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Ok its time to fix my car...I need EVERYONE'S help

Old 03-11-2005, 09:39 PM
engine building &best

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow just gotta jump in and say wow on washing your engine with water,thats how i make most my money with engine builds cause((ricer kids)) wash there engines,but man that distibutor does not look good at all i would work with ingnition problems if it bogs like that..but then agian i dont no anything about turbo motors as of yet

175+served in engines built from minime to gsr/lsvtec,b16 b20vtec,d15 k24 powerhouses or just rebuilds.life is good
i like when people don't take my advice.cause then i make more money when u need it rebuild the right way!

how many speed holes do i need in my bumper,b4 i can run 15's?
Old 03-12-2005, 12:21 AM
Retired Ricer...

definitely looks like an ignition problem... Go back to stock ignition (replace the dizzy) and you should be fine... then on to the fuel issues and tuning... Man, you have my number, if you need help feel free to use it... You know I got you homey And in Collins defense, you should know not to call around 1, thats just about the time he goes to lunch, and he takes hella long lunch breaks...

PS, the fact your motor is obd2a is pretty much irrelevant since its obviously all been rewired to obd1... My last motor was a 98

www.facebook.com/chris.storck1
Project WHIPLASH has begun!!!
RacingIntegration.com (813)935-6720
InductionPerformance.com
NS Racing (813)842-5517
Old 03-12-2005, 05:17 AM
i stepped on my weiner!

yeah the motor in my hatch is an OBDIIa as well!!!!

as long as you have OBD I dizzy or have is converted its all good, because the obD I gets rid of a couple funky sensors that you really didnt want anyways.

i would get a new dizzy, scrap the entire old one, so you know that its not some other old part in your shit, and lose the msd, i may ditch mine as well

10.02@149.5 Bullseye Power Turbos
Top Dead Center Performance
Mobile Alabama 251 661 6067
owner/operator
www.tdcperformance.net
Old 03-12-2005, 05:50 AM
Spent more money than you

Originally Posted by InsaneCivicSedan
And in Collins defense, you should know not to call around 1, thats just about the time he goes to lunch, and he takes hella long lunch breaks...

PS, the fact your motor is obd2a is pretty much irrelevant since its obviously all been rewired to obd1... My last motor was a 98
i know and that's fine...but the thing is I had called him the day before and told him I needed my car looked at, and he told me to call him back the next day(yesterday). I called him the next morning around 10:30am and he said call back around 3 to make sure he was there. I called about 10 times between 1:30 and 3:30 and he didn't answer the phone. I DO NOT talk to answering machines.

yea I know the OBD2 is not a big deal...but the fact is I wish I would've known beforehand when I bought the car. I'm tired of these fucking surprises.

Racing Integration
LHT Performance
My tuner is named Alpha
Roque Fab = The best Fabricator in the WHOLE WORLD

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fucking temperamental.
Old 03-12-2005, 06:09 AM

finding out that your motor is newer than you thought is a good thing. The bad thing is that hopefully it was properly converted to where it is now.
I would pick up some DSM 450's for $50 and put those in just to be sure I knew what size injectors are in there.
Next I would get rid of your distributor and get a new one. Keep the external coil, you may need it some day.
Next ditch the FMU and get Hondata or some kind of decent fuel management...
that should solve most of your drivability issues.

scott

08 S2000 CR (sold)
06 Sti (sold)
98 ITR (sold)
88 civic 4 door (sold)
95 Mustang GT (sold)
87 LX 5.0 stang (sold)

LHTPerformance.net
Old 03-12-2005, 06:32 AM

u have saturated injectors with a resistor box....not the brightest idea IMO
Old 03-12-2005, 06:37 AM
Retired Ricer...

What happened to those DSM injectors Keith n Kris picked up for ya???? I would go ahead and put those in, and if you still have the VAFC, put the settings to -34 all the way accross

www.facebook.com/chris.storck1
Project WHIPLASH has begun!!!
RacingIntegration.com (813)935-6720
InductionPerformance.com
NS Racing (813)842-5517
Old 03-12-2005, 06:45 AM
Spent more money than you

Originally Posted by InsaneCivicSedan
What happened to those DSM injectors Keith n Kris picked up for ya???? I would go ahead and put those in, and if you still have the VAFC, put the settings to -34 all the way accross
we still have them. I guess MugenR and mtber didn't read the part where I we got rid of the FMU as the FIRST troubleshooting attempt. its gone folks...been gone since the Super Bowl. VAFC is sold as of today...so fuck that.

Racing Integration
LHT Performance
My tuner is named Alpha
Roque Fab = The best Fabricator in the WHOLE WORLD

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fucking temperamental.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:23 AM

in you pic, look at the wires on the top left side of the dizzy. there are about 4 connectors over there. make sure they arn't loose. you can also put some di-electric grease on the connectors, to resist corrosion. those connectors cause 99% of dizzy problems. Also you have peak-hold injectors if you have a resistor box. there is no internal difference between obd2 and obd1 dizzy's. only the plugs are different.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:25 AM
Is now ballin!

I had almost the exact same problems you are having now, with my DA when it was boosted. Hence the reason I pulled that POS and went back to teh all mota, as I do not have as much patience as you . Just take off the charge pipe, get a new dizzy, ditch MSD shit, throw in some DSM 450s and dont sell the VAFC until you can be put on a dyno.

RIP Kevin (Slo_Si) Gonzalez - 09/13/2006