Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

CYL sensor question?? Really need help

Old 02-10-2005, 10:13 AM
Scuderia ALRI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CYL sensor question?? Really need help

My stock SOHC ECU requires that the CYL sensor have 350-550, but the DOHC CYL sensor has 700-1000. Is there any way that I can bypass the CYL sensor, like connecting it to the TDC or CAM sensor? or should I get the 700-1000 ECU?
By the way, the motor is an h22a1 and the car a CRX SI, I made everything work using my stock harness with a lot of mods and this is the only thing left.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:21 AM
Trialed for Treason

you are gonna need an OBD1 ECU...the #s you are talking about are resistance in OHMs.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:12 PM
Scuderia ALRI

Do you think that the unplugged sensor is the reason for the engine to smoke?
Old 02-10-2005, 01:16 PM
Engineer at the source

Has the chassis been converted to OBD1? Are you trying to run an OBD1 distributor with an obd0 ecu? More information.

9.69@151 Street Car
JKOBD
Old 02-10-2005, 03:30 PM
Scuderia ALRI

The harness is OBD0, I don't want the VTEC because 28 psi boost is enough. The engine runs, but it smokes like hell, the CYL sensor controls the sequential fuel injection, so all injectors are sending fuel at the same time. can't plug the CYL sensor cause of the OHMs resistance difference. I just don't want to go OBD1 just because of this sensor. I bolted the turbo kit on my car today, I'm gonna try to use a software to control the fuel/air mixture, I hope it works. If anyone knows about another alternative LMK.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Engineer at the source

Originally Posted by alri0085
The harness is OBD0, I don't want the VTEC because 28 psi boost is enough. The engine runs, but it smokes like hell, the CYL sensor controls the sequential fuel injection, so all injectors are sending fuel at the same time. can't plug the CYL sensor cause of the OHMs resistance difference. I just don't want to go OBD1 just because of this sensor. I bolted the turbo kit on my car today, I'm gonna try to use a software to control the fuel/air mixture, I hope it works. If anyone knows about another alternative LMK.
Sorry man, but removing vtec because 28psi is enough.....that is just . What is your setup? What distributor are you trying to run?

You can NOT run the OBD1/2 distributor with an OBD0 ecu. You don't want to convert to OBD1 because of this sensor???? What software are you going to use to "try and control the fuel/air mixture"? More information on your setup sounds in order.

9.69@151 Street Car
JKOBD
Old 02-11-2005, 04:25 AM
Trialed for Treason

Originally Posted by 60-1EK
You can NOT run the OBD1/2 distributor with an OBD0 ecu. You don't want to convert to OBD1 because of this sensor????
+1 60-1EK<-----knows his stuff
Old 02-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Scuderia ALRI

Originally Posted by 60-1EK
Sorry man, but removing vtec because 28psi is enough.....that is just . What is your setup? What distributor are you trying to run?

You can NOT run the OBD1/2 distributor with an OBD0 ecu. You don't want to convert to OBD1 because of this sensor???? What software are you going to use to "try and control the fuel/air mixture"? More information on your setup sounds in order.
I used an OBD0 ECU and distributor, I spot welded the distributor to the head just to see if it worked, it did, but the engine runs rough, so I'm getting OBD1 ECU and distributor. My set up is a fully built H22a1 (from a RoJo shop in CA), and a complete Greddy turbo kit, it's a tight fit in a CRX but it's all there, I'm gonna wait until I buy the OBD1 stuff before trying to start it up. I got a copy of the software from the shop in CA, I had to make a harness to make it work on my OBD0 ECU. You were right about "You can NOT run the OBD1/2 distributor with an OBD0 ecu", I almost did it, but I didn't.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:36 PM
Engineer at the source

Originally Posted by alri0085
I used an OBD0 ECU and distributor, I spot welded the distributor to the head just to see if it worked, it did, but the engine runs rough, so I'm getting OBD1 ECU and distributor. My set up is a fully built H22a1 (from a RoJo shop in CA), and a complete Greddy turbo kit, it's a tight fit in a CRX but it's all there, I'm gonna wait until I buy the OBD1 stuff before trying to start it up. I got a copy of the software from the shop in CA, I had to make a harness to make it work on my OBD0 ECU. You were right about "You can NOT run the OBD1/2 distributor with an OBD0 ecu", I almost did it, but I didn't.
What software? That greddy turbo is not going to make it to 28psi, so you will need vtec I guess. Spot welded the distributor ARe you converting to an OBD1 ecu? How?

9.69@151 Street Car
JKOBD