Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

one more reason to love a honda

Old 02-09-2005, 06:42 PM
gadget man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default one more reason to love a honda

I just got a 93 hatch, to replace the crx, and it had no radio ( drove me nuts) . I ordered a new kenwood unit ( I didn't want to use the panasonic from the crx ). and while it hasn't come in yet I was looking for a way to make it an easy install so that I could use the factory speakers and wiring until I get the time to swap over my system from the crx, ( 4 channel amp, 2 channel for 1000 wat sub, distro blocks and cap).

I got the idea that if I could get a conversion harness it would be a snap, the problem was $10 +s&h and it is just the honda side of the plug, you hook up to the head unit wires, not exactly plug and play. so I though of gutting and old headunit from a stock honda and using the receiver plug to solder to the kenwood wiring. well while looking for the harness on the web I found that it was good for 88-2000 honda civic's. ( same plug ) so off I went to a junkyard in search of a shithole radio non functioning for a few $'s, well one freebie later on a radio whose condition was unknown, and from an 88 civic or accord, not sure? but I decided to give it a try in my hatchback, an I'll be damned, it works, and great too. I have my sanity back ( did I mention I hate not having music).

honda's rock

oh for the "tech" part

an 88 oem radio from a civic, will work for sure in a 92-95 civic and probably in all others from 88-2000.

that is all.
U.S.S.A Crew Member #001

Old 02-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Pleasure the do me

Nice save there at the end.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:10 PM
Certified since '85

TR Hydroponics Abuser #36329
J a s o0o n: i need to get piss ass shit face fuck bag bitch ass drunk god damn