Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

cx/dx/vx power windows

Old 02-01-2005, 07:19 PM
gadget man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cx/dx/vx power windows

ok I know the cx/dx/vx 92-95 hatchbacks did not come with power options but, I have seen some pics ( bad ones) of the center console and it looks as if it is the same as the ex and the window switches are beside the ebrake lever.

need to know if anyone can confirm that this is the oem location for power windows.

also if anyone knows if the ex power window regulator will bolt into the same mount points as the manual one. I assume it would since it would be from the same year but would like to check first.

I am looking at buying a 92-95 hatch and want to see what my options are when it comes to getting the creature comforts. just so I know what I am getting into.

also has anyone done an install of a sunroof in a car that did not come with one??
U.S.S.A Crew Member #001

Old 02-02-2005, 06:22 AM

i believe all that plugs right in ... besides the hatches where not meant for comfort ... hatchback's are all about function
Old 02-02-2005, 08:27 AM
banned

buy an am window kit and dont install a sunroof they leak. power window controls r on the door not console
Old 02-02-2005, 06:41 PM
gadget man

I would prefer an si so that the sunroof is alread in but I love a sunroof too much to not have one eventually. but I figure on using a oem honda sunroof with the drain tubes (just incase it leaks) I have heard bad things about aftermarket sunroofs.

are the power window controls like on the jdm swap for the crx ( on the handle that opens the door) or are they on the armrest for the door?

any idea what I saw on the center console? it looked like 4 small rectangles ( 2 on each side of the e-brake) that were cast into the mold for the console almost as if for switches, but it may have been a bad pic. is the area I am talking about even wide enough for switches?

I didn't figure the hb was designed for comfort as the cx is little more than a metro but no hb was made for 500hp and with the right mods some of us get them to that point ( not me, not yet, but otheres have) this will be my daily driver so I want the comforts but I also want the look of the hb.

whats an am window kit? I have an autoloc on my crx but I'd like something different, its a good kit but it uses the shaft of the manual window regulator so you still have the shaft or a plug sticking out of the door.

thanks for the help guys
U.S.S.A Crew Member #001

Old 02-04-2005, 05:58 PM
dýsfuňctiønal

Well im no honda techie or anything, but i believe the best route for you to take with getting power windows/locks is to find an 92-95 ex coupe and take the door panels and whatever else is needed. I read an indepth DIY thread on honda-tech with pictures. But yea, thats probably your best bet...
Old 02-04-2005, 08:03 PM
banned

DONT install a suroof get a car that has one, The Doors have the switch on the arm rest. The center console just has molded panels there dunno why but nothing goes there.
Old 02-05-2005, 08:27 PM
gadget man

ok I just bought a 93 dx hb of another tr member today, no sunroof of course but I couldn't wait to get a car( need the wheels bad). and I actually saw in person what the area around the ebrake looks like and if there are no buttons that are supposed to go there then why the hell and what the hell was honda thinking???? now I am curious as hell, did honda use this console in another civic that had the switches there????

anyway until I come across a good scam on the oem regulators and door panels I am going to use the autoloc kit off the crx and I will search a juckyard for oem style switches that will A: fit in the cut out area by the e-brake, and B: work electrically with my circuit. honda may not have intended switches there but I am going to do just that, I will of course find a switch that looks as oem as possible.
U.S.S.A Crew Member #001