Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Quite Interesting

Old 01-26-2005, 10:52 AM
Its a secret

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quite Interesting

I found some interesting stuff on HT today, for those who havent seen or read it yet i though i might post it here. http://www.autronic.com/

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1126978

Here is a link to a video that Arturbo made while we were dyno testing an engine one day on the engine dyno.
http://www.autronic.com/bin/Autronic_1cell.mov

The engine is being run on an Autronic PnP Honda ECU.
The video was designed to show the power of the Autronic and how easy it can be to get an engine up and running and very quickly tuned versus other systems.
It takes less than an hour to go from non-running car, to having something that makes great power, holds consistently good A/F ratios, starts everyday when cold, and has terrific driveability without constant tweaking.

We did not use any of the auto-tune features in the video.

The Autronic software works differently than most others out there {including the big name brands}

The Autronic software has a very complex modeling software built into the background of the software to actually predict the airflow of your engine based on a few simple parameters you put in during setup.

Once the model is complete {which you never see behind the scenes} the software is so powerful that it can run your engine very well with on ly one single cell in the table.

You can, of course have as many cells as you want{up to 512}, but what you find out is that when you are all finished tuning the engine, almost all the cells have the same number or something very close so the table looks very flat in 3D.

With all other brands YOU the tuner, must create the "model" of the the engine's airflow by placing bigger or smaller numbers in the base fuel table until your 3D image looks just like the engine's airflow curve.

With the Autronics doing the modle for you, the base fuel table is simply used as a way for the tuner to tell the software when the engine's actual airflow doesn't match the model it created. The model is typically very accurate {as evidenced by the fact that most numbers in the base fuel table are the same or very close}

How good is it at modeling the engine? Watch the video again. No tricks, no slight-of-hand, just basic math and lots of it.
This video was done with a high compression N/A engine, but the software works just the same even on turbo'd cars!

Using the AutoTune feature simply allows you to operate the engine in various RPM and load cells and the ECU modifies the numbers in each cell to tune the engine with no input from the user. Its really cool to watch and its amazing how fast the ECU can tune itself on the dyno, but on the street it might be easier for a good tuner to do it manually since its hard to hold a constant load and RPM.

Just thought you guys might like to see it!
this looks pretty good. Has anyone tried this ??

Hero's arent born there american
made.

Aco. 53rd CSB LTF - TMT - 1st SQD
Afganistan Tour 2005 - 2006
- Its Game Time -
Old 01-26-2005, 11:14 AM
Pleasure the do me

Sounds interesting. Too bad it is an Intel processor
Old 01-26-2005, 11:52 AM
BOOST IS BETTER!

Originally posted by pressuredsol
Sounds interesting. Too bad it is an Intel processor
AMD owns....
Old 01-26-2005, 12:07 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally posted by 94lsTEG
AMD owns....
as long as you have enough fans or a liquid cooling system
Old 01-27-2005, 03:34 AM
KJ
bored at work

I believe the system runs in the $1600 range. Good stuff, I was looking into that system for our old ZMR all-motor race car.

Gracie Barra Clearwater Gyms in Clearwater, St. Pete and Port Richey
pm me if you are interested in trying a free class at any of the gyms.