Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

toyota vs. honda

Old 01-26-2005, 08:24 AM
Obama made me Republican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default toyota vs. honda

now i don't favor myself as an expert but i know a decent amount about cars more specifically hondas and toyotas. why is it people believe hondas are so much better than toyotas, especially the older models. i mean the 88 corolla gts, levin, trueno all very very fast cars. a 4age engine TURBOCHARGED or not OR EVEN THE 4AGZE SUPERCHARGED would eat up just about any car honda came out with that year. as a matter of fact there are at least 4 engines i can name that i can't see a honda engine competing with excluding the nsx of course. ALL OPINIONS AND VIEWS WELCOME, EVEN INSULTS. BUT HEY LETS TRY TO KEEP IT AT A MINIMUM.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:30 AM
i stepped on my weiner!

well we need to exclude most of the jdm motors from toyota because they are just not as prevalent over here like they hondas are. everyone has type r and b16 swaps not too many jdm mr2 guys out there. i specifically know a girl on here that has a jdm mr2 turbo swap in her usdm mr2 and it runs high 14s in stock form, not bad but i have seen integras and civic si's do the same all motor and close to stock with no turbo.

this debate can go either way and on and on, it really just comes down to what you feel comfortable working on, any motor will make power, it just depends on how you go about doing it

10.02@149.5 Bullseye Power Turbos
Top Dead Center Performance
Mobile Alabama 251 661 6067
owner/operator
www.tdcperformance.net
Old 01-26-2005, 08:36 AM

Toyota made very stout motors from the factory in some models. I'm a Honda owner and have never said anything bad about Toyota motors :shrug: If you want to compare then do a search for F20C, C30 and C32. I have SEEN F20C motors make 450whp on stock bottom end. Back to work I go.
* IP Web-Site

* RIP Kevin/Slo_Si RIP & Pablo/Fathead
Old 01-26-2005, 08:37 AM
Obama made me Republican

understandable. i feel ya. it is a matter of preference. you seem like a sensible individual tho so i'll assume that YOU KNOW IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A LOT OF POWER, TOYOTA HAS THIS COVERED HANDS DOWN AND WITH THE CARS CHEAPER. I KNOW AT LEAST 6 PLACES YOU CAN GET A 4AGE SILVERTOP ENGINE FAIRLY CHEAP IN TAMPA ALONE thats just one of many other engines i can name. true the civic si and integra type r are good cars but good luck finding those without paying an arm and a leg. i'll give it to honda tho. the main thing they stand out in is that so much of there parts are interchangeable so i can give em that.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:39 AM
THE HAMMER

Originally posted by NChatch
this debate can go either way and on and on, it really just comes down to what you feel comfortable working on, any motor will make power, it just depends on how you go about doing it

Exactly.... I cant agree more.

Even though I'm a toyota guy, I will never say that my 2 acuras werent SHITLOADS of fun.

But HONDA... PLEASE boost something... PPPPLELLEEEEAAASSSSEEE!!!
I'm begging you! PLEASE!
Old 01-26-2005, 11:32 AM
~Da Baddest Bitch~

I highly agree with you cronic.
I own my Integra and then I also own a 96 Toyota Tacoma (bad ass truck)

I have had my Truck for 6 years now and I have not done much to it all, reason being it is hard to find aftermarket parts and when you do they are way overpriced (at least for my truck anyway)
I love my truck and have no intention on selling it anytime soon, it has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned (1 break down in 6 years aint bad)

Now my Integra, I have alot of little shit done to it why..... everybody and the brother carries parts for it!

~Michele~
gone but never forgotten.... I love you Jay!!!
Its been 4 years and I miss you more than ever...give me the strength to keep my life on the right track!!!