Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

2 things RHD Conversion and USDM VS Canadian

Old 11-23-2004, 09:36 PM
banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 things RHD Conversion and USDM VS Canadian

OK 2 things I know this has been asked countless times but i want clarification since i can not find any write ups or good info in Swapping to RHD.

First off The easy Question Whats the Difference Between USDM JDM and Canadian EG Hatchs ?

I THOUGHT i had a USDM Hatch and unbenounced to me Its a Canadian Civic Hatch. I found the Honda Corp. Of Canada Sticker under the Hood and on the Stickers under the Dash.

Is there any Big Diff bewteen USDM and Canadian ? if so what are they ?

Ok Next question ! RHD COnversion ! What all does it involve and does anyone know The steps or basic knowledge of how to ? I see Stuff from Clip it to Replace teh Firewall ! Do they really have Diff walls or is it just easier to Swap them instead of Cutting Holes for the RHD equipment ? Brake Booster is another thing ! What all is involved with swapping that ? I just need some good info on how to ! I just feel like doing this ! Its a project car so hell why not ? !!

ANY HELP or Info would be appreciated !
Old 11-24-2004, 04:21 AM
banned

Anyone ? Anyone have any Technical Information Other than THROW CLEAR LIGHTS ON IT !
Old 11-24-2004, 05:15 AM
JSR

I was just reading about this on Honda-tech. It does involve cuttin and weldin but the easiest way to do this without comprimising structural integrity is to swap the firewalls.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:38 AM
banned

Originally posted by JSR
I was just reading about this on Honda-tech. It does involve cuttin and weldin but the easiest way to do this without comprimising structural integrity is to swap the firewalls.
hmm so its a pain in the ass ! I wish i could find a Step By Step or someone Who has done this inside info always helps !
Old 11-24-2004, 10:40 AM
banned

Originally posted by Cronic
There is little to no difference between Canadian and USDM. Years ago we actually got more from Canadia then we did US.
Now Canadia gets different badging for some models, and small differences.

Weird I heard there are plug differences and Stuff like that, I cant get the Engine to idle properly and the gas gauge wont work no matter how many Times i replace it ! The engine was swapped for a USDM D15B7 I dont think there are any differences and stuff but iunno I guess its Cool I dont have a USDM Hatch ! lol
Old 11-24-2004, 10:41 AM

Originally posted by Cronic
There is little to no difference between Canadian and USDM. Years ago we actually got more from Canadia then we did US.
Now Canadia gets different badging for some models, and small differences.
Where is canadia again?
Old 11-24-2004, 10:43 AM
banned

Originally posted by VeRTigO
Where is canadia again?

I just figured he was trying to be funny ! lol
Old 11-24-2004, 11:03 AM
JSR

U should check out Honda-tech.com. There are lots of people who have done the RHD conversion, but im warnin u ahead of time alot of people are assholes and are gonna tell u that its pointless and all that sh!t. U will get alot of good info though.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:10 AM
banned

Originally posted by JSR
U should check out Honda-tech.com. There are lots of people who have done the RHD conversion, but im warnin u ahead of time alot of people are assholes and are gonna tell u that its pointless and all that sh!t. U will get alot of good info though.
I dont like Honda Tech they are assplugs ! Ima mechanic I just wanted some insight ! Im sure ill eventually figure it out on my own but never hurts to ask ! One thing I did Find out though Between Canadian And USDM is :

Wiring is, of course another issue; only the VXs and Sis came wired for VTEC, although on Canadian-made models and all '92s and some '93s, the under-dash VTEC wiring exists, but is not connected to the engine wiring harness. Using an engine harness from any five-speed EG, Si or EX Coupe makes the B-series swap a plug-and- play operation. Otherwise, you have to run the VTEC wires, but that is the content of another swap article.