Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

JDM SiR Power Window Install

Old 11-18-2004, 09:00 AM
That CRX Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM SiR Power Window Install

Steve, if you are out there this one is for you!
Ok, I just got in my JDM SiR doors, bronze tint windows, and power window switches, regulators, etc.

What power source do I use for the p/w motors???
Any other tips from those who have done this before???

Thanks!!!
Old 11-18-2004, 03:43 PM
yO!

yep, only guy that has done it is steve here locally.

Seekerone is AIM, i think
Old 11-18-2004, 07:30 PM
gadget man

any accesory switched 12v source will work preferable a thicker gauge wire as the motors will draw more current than your standard items. Your best bet is to use a relay with the coil side inline with the acc wire coming off the ignition switch, then put the contact side of the relay connected to the battery. use a fuse as close to the battery as you can. run the wire to the relay and the other side to the window motors. this way you get full voltage and current without depleting the acc current.

also depending on the way the switches work as far as them controling the direction of the motor you will have to pay attention to the correct wire to power.
U.S.S.A Crew Member #001

Old 11-19-2004, 04:51 AM

hey dude, my crx is set up the same way as noted by kender except it is wired to the "on" location on the ignition. i had somebody try and wire it up to the acc part of the ignition and i could only roll my windows down or up when the ignition was in acc. i do know that the wires on a real SiR are wired up to the "on" switch. when you wire the windows up to the "on" part of the ignition you still get power while in acc.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:29 AM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

hey Ken I saw Steve up at the track last night and told him he has been paged good luck man

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 11-19-2004, 08:51 AM
That CRX Guy

Originally posted by kender
any accesory switched 12v source will work preferable a thicker gauge wire as the motors will draw more current than your standard items. Your best bet is to use a relay with the coil side inline with the acc wire coming off the ignition switch, then put the contact side of the relay connected to the battery. use a fuse as close to the battery as you can. run the wire to the relay and the other side to the window motors. this way you get full voltage and current without depleting the acc current.

also depending on the way the switches work as far as them controling the direction of the motor you will have to pay attention to the correct wire to power.
AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Ok, so who wants to get paid??? LOL!
I HATE electrical stuff! I can take apart and put together
a CRX in no time, but when it comes to wires - fuhgettaboutit!

Ok, most of the wires that run from the motor/switches look to be 16-18 ga -mostly if not smaller.
Now, I didn't think it would be too smart to run this off of the battery. For that main reason of direct drain.
What other acc could I run it off of?

Yes, I know Steve and one other guy who has done this, athough I think Steve used an aftermarket kit. I've got the entire inner JDM door panels including regulators, motors, wire harness, switches, bronze glass. Steve's buddy with the black CRX however I think has the JDM/EDM set up.

This is gonna be more work than my SiR body conversion!
Old 11-19-2004, 12:27 PM
gadget man

Originally posted by spoonfedcrx
hey dude, my crx is set up the same way as noted by kender except it is wired to the "on" location on the ignition. i had somebody try and wire it up to the acc part of the ignition and i could only roll my windows down or up when the ignition was in acc. i do know that the wires on a real SiR are wired up to the "on" switch. when you wire the windows up to the "on" part of the ignition you still get power while in acc.

I stand corrected, I was trying to refer to the wire that is hot in run and start, my bad on thye miss lable.

I would be glad to help out but would have to wait till after thanksgiving, since I am installing my turbo this week. I also have the helm electrical manual for my 88crx and I use it all the time to make sure the wires do what they are supposed to.

as far as drain on the battery, it'll actually affect the circuit less if the battery is tapped directly and a relay is used to turn power on and off. in fact I have so many extra accessories that require a 12v switched power I have installed a distro block under the dash with a relay so that I can just screw on a wire for the next thing I add. pm me

I have heard that when doing this type of install the door switches end up upside down, if this is true I may be able to rectify that issue as well.

lmk
U.S.S.A Crew Member #001