Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

my car won't start plz help

Old 11-15-2004, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question my car won't start plz help

ok my car is was not getting fuel so i looked at my main relay and appeared to have gotten some water in there and corroded the relay, so i wired it up so that i could bypass the relay, ( putting the wires in the main relay plug ) i got the car to start but it only worked like 3 times, then my car just wouldn't turn over. i just put a new fuel pump, main relay, plugs, wires, distributer, and fuel filters on the car, honestly i think i might of shorted something out but nothing made a spark or pop noise. any suggestions?
Old 11-16-2004, 08:34 AM

oh sorry guys it's my 91 crx.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:59 AM

Dont no if you have tied this yet but pull your carpet back on the passenger side under the glove box and when you see you ecu there is a a piec of plastic at the top turn your key on and see if that flashes if it flashes more than once theres a promblem some place call auto zone and tell them how many times it flashes and the pauses when the light flashes
Old 11-16-2004, 09:07 AM

i'm not throwing any codes, i have my computer wired up so that if i do throw a code, my check engine light on my guage cluster blinks. this has me absolutly stumped?!
Old 11-16-2004, 09:20 AM
Cool Runnings

might have blown the main fuse for the battery. its located on the right side of your engine bay on the strut tower in that black box along with other fuses and relays.

She can pop it she can lock it ........ I'M IN LOVE WITH A HONDA

R.I.P. DELROY MANDERSON SR. 1-30-73 ~ 9-19-02

THE FEW
THE STRONG
THE BRAVE
NATURALLY ASPIRATED

TR "OLD SKOOL EF MEMBER" #05
Old 11-16-2004, 09:31 AM
engine building &best

you sure you hardwired the pump up right meaning to a + that only comes on when you turn the car on cause if you did not then that means your pump would have stay on and burned out i would check your fuelfilter to see when your car is on if the gas is pumping thru

175+served in engines built from minime to gsr/lsvtec,b16 b20vtec,d15 k24 powerhouses or just rebuilds.life is good
i like when people don't take my advice.cause then i make more money when u need it rebuild the right way!

how many speed holes do i need in my bumper,b4 i can run 15's?
Old 11-16-2004, 04:03 PM
CARPET GUY

another thing..check you ignition switch..they get old over time and dont get a good connection.if you take the switch apart and sand off the conductors and put some electical greese in it that might work..i have had that happen to a ton of crx's i have had..they all would turn over but fuel pressure was at zero.

MOBIL 1 LUBE
11210 Causeway Blvd. Brandon 33511
813-661-7284 shop
813-476-8015 cell
813-347-0291 cell

Head Mechanic
At the Mobil 1 Lube in brandon we service all your automotive needs.Specialize in Honda/Acura. B series swaps etc. No job to big or small.We are located right in front of Walmart. Ask for Nate.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:31 PM

thanks for the advise guys, i checked the main fuse that IAN told me about, it was fine. i will check the ignition in the morning (thank you DOHC16CRX) but i had chris tarantino from uti take a look at it and he said 98% sure that when i hard-wired it i blew the fuel pump again, thanks for your help