Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

SMC for honda (90-93 accord [turbo'd]) how does it work/will it work?

Old 09-29-2004, 06:11 AM
gadget man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok just looked at the smc and it doesn't appear to be a piggy back but it does look to be like $1700. thats more than the aem ems. dude definately get the hondata.
U.S.S.A Crew Member #001

Old 09-29-2004, 07:56 AM

I dont think you read my post, the setup i have is 7psi and 110lph will do just fine and not put out even close to 175 whp, the vortech fmu will work fine, and I dont think the SMC is $1700, this guy said it was under $200 shipped but i cant remeber the site. Under a normal instance i would just burn this accord with my dsm buddys, but the timing belt went and i have all this stuff to turbocharge this car, and i just rebuilt the engine (completly) i need to sell it for enough to buy a yoshi rs3 exhaust kit and powercomander for my 2001 gsx-r, and i want to buy a 50trim and some other stuff for my dsm. Sorry if i come off as a honda hater, but i threw myself into this and now i hope to finish the job.

Originally posted by kender
uh....no

110lph pump flows 110lph, if you rewire it to run 140lph your a moron. no I am the first person to modify something electrical on the car but the fuel pump is not something to fuck with.

a turbo'd accord can easily put out more horse than a stock dsm, shit a turbo'd crx can put out more hp than a stock dsm.....unless of coarse your stock dsm is putting out over 500hp, put then if it is still using the 110lph pump you'll run lean and blow the motor quick. and don't say there isn't a 500hp crx cause they are out there.

dude if your running low boost like 7psi then the 110lph should get it done, but if you think you may want more, which if you got a turbo and not a supercharger then you are already thinking about it, get the 255lph high pressure walbro. if your going through the time and effort to swap a pump do it once. they are $95 all day long all over the net.

as for the vortec fmu....... no. sell it, sell the 110lph pump, your stock fpr should be a 1:1 so all you need is a hondata s100 with boost ( if your staying small) or for like $50 more get the s200 with boost $420 from kteller.com and you'll get it in like 3 days.

reprograms your ecu to like it.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:22 AM
I'm just her baby daddy

just seems like youre trying to shortcut everything and take the cheapest way out... youre just gonna end up breaking something.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:46 AM
Professional Dumbass

ive heard of somethign that you hook up to your throttle?...i cant remember what it is, but its tuffcore awesome like....thats what im gonna do, just i gotta remember wtf it was lol....had a buddy telling me about it, and another turbo'd guy saying its better than all those bs hacks and managment systems.......but i'd still get a 255 regardless..and this SMC looks interesting, hmmm.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:15 AM

Your exactly right

Originally posted by DigitalJames
just seems like youre trying to shortcut everything and take the cheapest way out... youre just gonna end up breaking something.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:31 AM

that is autronic not the smc, the smc is a cheap little $100-150 afc
Old 09-29-2004, 10:53 AM

Originally posted by VeRTigO
where is the smc sold?
Old 09-29-2004, 11:16 AM
mullet racing

i thought i posted the wrong one. it's been so long i just thought they changed the way they looked. found the right info on another site.
http://userwww.sfsu.edu/~ecg/

Hey guys, I'm proud to present a sophisticated electronic device from ECG Performance Electronics that will enable Honda/Acura FI setups to ditch their FMUs with stock injectors in favor of larger injectors (i.e. 450cc) and the SMC.

The SMC is an acronym for Super Map Controller. The SMC features:

-Controls larger injectors up to 440cc to 450cc for FI setups with factory ECUs
-Real-time MAP voltage correction for unparalleled drivability under idle, daily driving, and boost
-Smoothens transition from vacuum to boost
-Active internal MAP clamping to prevent a check engine light*
-User programmability
-Fuel trim, up to -55%, on four rpm levels
-Precise idle fuel control
-Unlimited rpm range
-Ultra-fast 20MHz RISC processor
-Easy installation
-works from 1-13psi of boost (injector size dependent)
-Stealth. Small and compact design
-Works with other factory NA engines and factory boosted engines with a MAP sensor
-Affordability. Introductory HT price of under $100!!!

* MAP clamping can be removed for use on factory boosted engines. (i.e. WRX, VW 1.8T, etc...)

FAQ:

-The SMC doesn't need a FMU, missing link, or upgraded fuel pump*. It was created so that it simplifies FI installation. All you need for a 10-11psi setup as far as key hardware is the SMC and 440-450cc injectors. For example, here's a very affordable 10psi setup for a typical Honda/Acura owner:

1) SMC
2) 450cc DSM injectors
3) OBDI injector clips
4) resistors

All can be had for less than $250!

*It's recommended that the fuel pump should be upgraded if the maximum fuel pressure at max boost exceeds the pump's flow rating.

-The SMC is made so that it works off the factory MAP sensor so boosting isn't recommended above 11-12psi on factory NA Hondas/Acuras. However, factory boosted setups such as the WRX can fully utilize the SMC to the limit of the factory MAP threshold (20+ psi) if the owner chooses to place larger injectors to compensate for more boost.

-The SMC easily works with turbo and centrifugal SC type setups without any modification to existing engine hardware. For JRSC setups the MAP sensor must be relocated so that it can sense boost from the intake manifold. Easily done.

-The SMC comes complete with detailed installation and tuning instructions

Great accomplishment only comes with great risk. I’ll accept the crippling, gut wrenching disappointment of risking all, and failing, but only by putting my whole heart and soul, my whole being into something, will I have the chance to walk among the stars.

Those who risk nothing, those who live their lives in fear, will never have that chance.

Failure is not a sin. It’s being too afraid to even try, that is a sin.

Last edited by deez92; 09-29-2004 at 11:19 AM.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:56 AM

yah I had 1 like a year ago, its very gay and they up'd the prices to liek $130-ish
Old 09-29-2004, 12:35 PM

yah I had 1 like a year ago, its very gay and they up'd the prices to liek $130-ish

so you dont think it will be good t use for low boost?? im not looking for a power house, just a turbo accord.