Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

auto to stick

Old 08-30-2004, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auto to stick

I got a 93 civic ex. It is nice but it has a auto in it right now. i would like to know what i need to buy and what i may need to do to get it to a stick. Beside the trany. If you could tell what the prices would be for the things that i would have to buy that would help alot.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:39 PM

tranny
ecu
shift linkage
clutch pedal
brake pedal
clutch master cylinder
clutch hardlines
rear tranny mount
clutch/flywheel/pressure plate
slave cylinder

i might have forgotten something

keep looking around, you can get it all for pretty cheap
maybe around 3-500$, then labor
Old 08-31-2004, 02:53 AM

ok.after i get everything for it. would i beable to do it on my own.in a weekend.

how long would it take a shop to do it.i just got the car and i hate having to walk to work.

i plan on doing an LS swap in a few months. shold i get that tranny now and put it on the car now or shold i wait till i do the swap.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:56 AM
KJ
bored at work

You also need to be able to weld or you have to buy a place racing or HCP upper tranny mount. The passenger side frame rail bracket is in a different place on the auto's.

Gracie Barra Clearwater Gyms in Clearwater, St. Pete and Port Richey
pm me if you are interested in trying a free class at any of the gyms.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:25 AM
90% grind 10% sleep

i would also like to know this because a friend of mine is interested in converting his car to 5 speed because he has a automatic LS swap in his car
I TUNE KPRO AND S300
I DO NOT WORK FOR FREE
E-Z OUT BOLT AND STUD EXTRACTOR: A tool ten times harder than any known drill bit that snaps neatly off in bolt holes thereby ending any possible future use.

Originally Posted by THE_ONE
Then stop wasting peoples time, run your car and not your mouth... thats why you will always race slow cars, fast cars race for money....
Old 08-31-2004, 10:59 AM
USMC

my car is a former automatic turned standard. dont do it, its not worth it. just sell your car and buy a standard, then spend the money you are saving for the conversion and put it toward better parts.
TR happily married crew-member #2

This is the internet. You're just supposed to talk up whatever you do know as if you're a salesman for it. i.e. I drive a Supra and a Corolla therefore 2JZ is the greatest and so is the 4A and I don't care about anything else because it's all crap since I don't have it. I also have a stack of $20 bills in front of me, therefore 20>50 and 20>100 and 20>1000. $20 bill FTW.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:59 PM

Originally posted by accord95
my car is a former automatic turned standard. dont do it, its not worth it. just sell your car and buy a standard, then spend the money you are saving for the conversion and put it toward better parts.
i disagree, although i havent done this to my car yet, i have friends that have done it, and know of plenty of people that have done it, and their cars are holding up fine

the price of the conversion isnt much, i peiced together the entire conversion for my car, for a mere 300$, you just gotta look for the parts in the right place..
Old 08-31-2004, 01:13 PM
realfucnfast

Originally posted by accord95
This is someone that know what there talking about. It's not worth going from auto to stick.........Dave
Old 08-31-2004, 03:54 PM

where would i start to look for the part and if it is done at a shop is it going to be a lot fast to get the car back to me.

i want to know if i take the car in the morning if it would be done by the time they are closing
Old 08-31-2004, 05:26 PM

its all going to depend on who you take the car to get done by, they should tell you how long it will take, go ask around..

start looking for parts in the classifieds, its common sense..