Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

aftermarket shocks blew WTF!

Old 08-26-2004, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket shocks blew WTF!

Installed front shocks/springs/camber today and lowered the car to begin the rear assembly. When i put the front down and jacked the rear up the fronts blew. Possible i put too much pressure on the front shocks when i lifted the rear of the car up?? Install went smooth as planned.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:50 PM

What kind of shocks ?
That is unheard of....

Authorized Dealer & Tuner for: Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, AEM, Crome, Precision Turbo, Omni Power, Walbro, Innovate & more. Dyno Tuning Services, Ecu Chipping, Chipped Ecus, Conversion Harnesses, Widebands, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Map Sensors & more.
For more information visit http://www.Phearable.net or call 1-888-236-9831
Old 08-26-2004, 07:58 PM

neuspeed springs on dropzone shocks....save the flame on the shocks im not rich. Anyways, install was fine with the exception of a stripped castlenut. I cant figure it out. They have a liftime warranty though. But im pissed. Brand new too. I heard them go as well, sounded just like compressed air finding a way out.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:01 PM

by the way....sorry for the double post. Im an idiot.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:09 PM

Are you positive the shocks blew ?

I have never used or installed a set of dropzones.

I have met the guys who work for dropzone in person, they seam like they sell decent products...

But I have no idea first hand.

Take the shocks back or contact dropzone direct.
They will take care of you.

Authorized Dealer & Tuner for: Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, AEM, Crome, Precision Turbo, Omni Power, Walbro, Innovate & more. Dyno Tuning Services, Ecu Chipping, Chipped Ecus, Conversion Harnesses, Widebands, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Map Sensors & more.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:15 PM

Yeah thanks for the ideas. Not bashing dropzone at all but just trying to figure it out. I plan to use them again. I know they went because i heard the pressure release in a sudden pssshh as i lifted the rear of the integra higher up. I had it kind of heigh so i could get under it with no probs. Nothing else would make that sound. Tomorrow im taking back to the store and im gonna see if they wont give me new ones and send the busted ones back as manufacturing defects.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:00 PM

I would take them off and compare their rebound to the rear shocks that are not blown....

This should give you an idea if the sound was normal or not...

Old 08-27-2004, 05:09 AM

mtber- by "rebound" are you implying the amount of pressure the metal rods have on them. Checking the good ones and seeing if the front are equaly filled w/ pressure?
Old 08-27-2004, 05:28 AM
pwns.

from my experiences (numerious dropzone products, installed for customers) they should really be avoided. Try tokico blues- cheap as shit, and pretty good shocks. I had them on my hatch for over a year, installed 20+ sets of them for other people, no trouble.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:54 AM

What is there about the dropzone shocks that should be avoided?? Are they prone to failure?? Problem is i already bought THESE shocks, maybe i can return them and go with tokico.