Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Exhaust ticket

Old 08-09-2004, 05:10 PM
Orlando Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust ticket

Now I know people are gonna say this isn't tech, or this belongs in car chat. I'm posting it here because I know the minute I post this in general car chat, they are gonna call me a stupid ricer and pay the ticket, or some other sort of hijack not helping me in anyway.

I got a ticket the other day leaving the parking garage at University mall. Almost out of the garage, there is a cop sitting there, quickly hit it in neutral, and make my way down the ramp. Second I hit the ramp, cop is on my ass, I know im getting pulled over. So I slow down at end of ramp, still in neutral stop at stop sign. Take a right, nearly stalling leaving the stop tryin to keep exhaust silent, which I did. Pull over and cop gives me the usual exhaust BS. Also tells me my lights for my license plate arent very bright, OEM..blow me hoe...anyway comes back with ticket, i ask her out of curiousity how many mustangs camaros firebirds shes pulled over for modified exhaust, 0, big suprise. Tell her it's 50 state legal yadda yadda yadda she doesnt care. Now my exhaust isn't THAT loud, but she never heard it anyway. So she is going off that it isn't stock. People tell me bring 50 state legal Tanabe cert. to court, and I'll be fine. But I want more if possible, because soon I'm moving to Orlando for school, and I dont want to drive hour + to tampa, just to lose it. Ticket is 73$ and statute is 316.610. Btw, she said I can fix it, but on back of ticket it doesnt say that like normal, and cant put stock DX hatch exhaust on my header. So if you've successfully fought a modified exhaust ticket in hillsborough...help me plz!!
Old 08-09-2004, 05:38 PM
RIP PABLO THE MAN GARCIA

if u go to court tell them they didnt test the decimals
Old 08-09-2004, 05:44 PM
Orlando Member

the ticket is for having a modified, non stock exhaust, not for sound, but ima bring this point up too
Old 08-09-2004, 05:45 PM
Soldier

.... getting a removeable silencer for use on everyday driving to prevent that shit.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Its a secret

i sprayed my exhaust black not that it doesnt anything its just not shiny anymore, and it prevents me from cleaning it

dont u hate getting blinded my someones muffler tip at night lol

Hero's arent born there american
made.

Aco. 53rd CSB LTF - TMT - 1st SQD
Afganistan Tour 2005 - 2006
- Its Game Time -
Old 08-09-2004, 05:52 PM
Using The Force Of N/A

I've had several State Troopers Tell me about my modified exhaust but they never wrote my ass a ticket for it. I've even told them that "if its illegal then write me a ticket, if not then leave me alone." No tickets for it because They can't prove shit. Its just an association. Loud exhaust/shiny exhaust means $ (both the owners having money to buy the part and money to pay a ticket). Best bet is to just pay the ticket and pull the exhaust. Otherwise live with the consequences.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:53 PM
Spent more money than you

Originally posted by smoke3
i sprayed my exhaust black not that it doesnt anything its just not shiny anymore, and it prevents me from cleaning it

dont u hate getting blinded my someones muffler tip at night lol
what the hell does that have to do with anything?

Racing Integration
LHT Performance
My tuner is named Alpha
Roque Fab = The best Fabricator in the WHOLE WORLD

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fucking temperamental.
Old 08-09-2004, 06:14 PM
Dr. Doom

Originally posted by silvia240sx
if u go to court tell them they didnt test the decimals
decibals even?
Old 08-09-2004, 06:34 PM
Orlando Member

Originally posted by ShroomDaddy
.... getting a removeable silencer for use on everyday driving to prevent that shit.
did u miss the part where they never heard my exhaust?

Originally posted by InTeGrA RaCeR
I've had several State Troopers Tell me about my modified exhaust but they never wrote my ass a ticket for it. I've even told them that "if its illegal then write me a ticket, if not then leave me alone." No tickets for it because They can't prove shit.
The state troopers can give u a ticket, it's what i got a ticket for! It's not the sound, its just the fact its there.

I guess thanks for the posts everyone, but ever reply seems to have something to do with the sound of my exhaust, the ticket for this isnt about sound, its about the fact that its modified. So if you know anyone who has won this in court, PM me or tell me their name to PM.
Old 08-09-2004, 06:39 PM
Spent more money than you

i got the same one...i just paid it.

Racing Integration
LHT Performance
My tuner is named Alpha
Roque Fab = The best Fabricator in the WHOLE WORLD

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fucking temperamental.