Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Exhaust ticket

Old 08-15-2004, 06:38 AM
slash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

(a) No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle or any other noise-abatement device of a motor vehicle operated or to be operated upon the highways of this state in such a manner that the noise emitted by the motor vehicle is above that emitted by the vehicle as originally manufactured.
thats the ticket i got saying anything louder than stock is illegal....thats crap! what if i HAD to replace the exhaust cuz mine rusted out or something? who can afford a new stock exhaust from the dealer!? that and who says whats louder than stock? did they take some sorta course where they memorized stock exhaust sounds!
TRick Squad Member #3
VicPrez of IttyBittyTittyCommittee

Old 08-15-2004, 06:53 AM
gadget man

good catch, if they change to that statute then the only thing you can argue is what is the db reading for a stock veh that is as old as yours and what is you current reading, oh thats right the cop never heard how loud yours was so she doesn't know if yours is louder than stock. this also means that you may want to check into the officers record by filing a complaint with the internal affairs division to see how many of these tickets she has written to the domestic rustangs, and camaros. also notice the dba alowable for a motorcycle is only slightly higher than for cars, yet a harley has pipes that are louder than a 747. and again grab the carb 50 state legal paperwork and show them that the system has already been proven to fall within every states laws that are applicable to the product. this also looks like a law that may violate the commerce clause of the U.S.A. I'll check with a states public defender that I know and get his feel for it.

also pharaoh was this hcso? and if so what day of the week? Iknow it doesn't make sense but if you know the day of the week you can figure out her schedule and try for a court date that is on her day off just so she has to waste it on the bs
U.S.S.A Crew Member #001

Old 08-15-2004, 09:11 AM
Orlando Member

Ticket was a friday night, 8 30 i think, court is thursday 2 pm, my friend brought this up, not sure how shift goes, but 8 30 is usually third shift, 2 pm is 2nd, muahah maybe that means if she does like a 7-7, she will be in court on like 6 hours sleep, she wont wanna do that... muahaha

yes... hcso
Old 08-15-2004, 09:26 AM
Jay
Janky

judge would probly throw it out anyway cuz its not worth the hassle.

-Jay

http://jankycrew.com
Old 08-15-2004, 11:16 AM
Banned

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(a) No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle or any other noise-abatement device of a motor vehicle operated or to be operated upon the highways of this state in such a manner that the noise emitted by the motor vehicle is above that emitted by the vehicle as originally manufactured.

this is what the cop wrote me a ticket for can i fight it saying that he wouldnt have a way of knowing if it was louder than stock? i mean how can he know that considering my exhaust is not loud in anyway.

NA is BEST
Old 08-15-2004, 02:33 PM
gadget man

JSIMON: I would say fight if they didn't know what the level a stock muffler is and what the db's were on yours, hell just for kicks you may want to meter them youself. find someone with stock system and then meter yours to see, if they are the same then use it in court if not just argue that the cop doesn't have a calibrated ear.

Pharaoh: hcso is a 12 hour either 7-7 or 6-6 shift ( they overlap half the deputies for an hour so that you don't have a window when there are no cops out) and there schedule is work mon, tues. then off wen, thur. then work fri, sat, sun. then the next week is mon, tues off. work wen, thur. off fri, sat, sun. and then repeat the first weeks schedule, so she will either have to go to court on her day off, boo hoo, or if she is on the wen, thur. sched then she will be in court during the 12 hours between her wen and thurs shift so she will be tired as fuck.
U.S.S.A Crew Member #001

Old 08-16-2004, 08:52 AM
Orlando Member

lol muahah i cant wait till court now
Old 08-16-2004, 10:21 PM
SOHC monster being born

HAHAHA! I love this post Pharaoh. I can think of about 12 people I know that have been pulled over for their exhaust systems myself being one of them. I've gotten stopped about 3 times for my exhaust but they were only warnings however or a "fix-it-ticket" which I think is the most bull shit waste of your time in the world! i've even had a state trooper pull me over, get into MY F*CKING car and rev the engine and then have me stand behind his police cruiser while he revved his engine and then asked me if I could hear a difference. i've also gotten a ticket for speeding and then just out of the blue the cop decides to write me a "fix-it-ticket" for my exhaust because while he was sitting in his car writing me the ticket my exhaust was apparently hurting his ears while it was idling. However, I have a soultion. Next time you get stopped for your exhaust (and hopefully you won't) all you have to say is I bought the car like this. And I swear to God you get off everytime. I live in a part of Sarasota where cops are complete dicks when it comes to modified cars. But all you have to do is say sorry officer I had no idea. I just bought the car with it already on. Also, a cop cannot legally write you a ticket for having exhaust unless they test it with a decibal meter. That's like getting stopped for speeding without being clocked. So, theres my .02. I say screw the cops. BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!

It's a Honda. Anything is possible.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:17 AM
Orlando Member

lol ive used the bought the car like this line before, worked before, this time i wanted to ask her how many mustangs and cammy's she pulled over before