Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

AC Prob - No Cold Air

Old 08-04-2004, 05:07 AM
Gators Bitches!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Prob - No Cold Air

I have been looking online here and found a few things. Nothing that is truely helpful. My car is not blowing cold air anymore. Just stopped 2 days ago. It was fine...i filled with r134, that is still at a good level. My clutch kicks the compressor on.

Now could it be the Condensor or the Evaporator. I know that the evap. is inside the car and cycles the hot air out. So if that is not taking the hot air out then it could be that. Then I read that the condensor makes the air cold too. So a little confused on how to test it.

Where is the condensor located? My friend has the helms guide, so I will know tonight, but if I have a general idea...then I can check on my lunch break. Is there a way to test this? Samething with the evaporator, I know where it is, but how can I test it.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:19 AM
S1's MUSCLE RELAXER

open your windows!!!
Old 08-04-2004, 05:59 AM
Gators Bitches!

Not the answer I was looking for.
Exterior
HFP Front & Rear Lip♦Limo Tint♦LED Smoke Tails♦Yellow Fogs♦8000k Low Beam HIDs♦LED Reverse Bulbs♦Gunmetal Stock 7 Spokes
Suspension
Rear Lower Tie-Bar♦Front Strut Bar♦TL-S Rear Sway Bar♦MOOG Rear Endlinks♦HFP Suspension♦Ingalls Camber Kit
Engine/Performance
Nokya Battery Tie Down♦Spoon Radiator/Oil Cap♦Skunk2 Clutch Cover♦Stainless Brake Lines♦TL Engine Cover♦RV6 J-Pipe & Test Pipe♦Short Ram Intake
Old 08-04-2004, 06:26 AM
slash

so you actually got a guage and saw that the level was fine? maybe its leakin somewhere, my old accord did that, it leaked outta the top of the compressor at the seals and i just resealed it and it was fine......a leak is hard to find though, you gotta get a sniffer.
TRick Squad Member #3
VicPrez of IttyBittyTittyCommittee

Old 08-04-2004, 07:07 AM
Gators Bitches!

I have a gauge and just checked it after it was hot, and it was fine....so I know the level of r134 is ok.
Exterior
HFP Front & Rear Lip♦Limo Tint♦LED Smoke Tails♦Yellow Fogs♦8000k Low Beam HIDs♦LED Reverse Bulbs♦Gunmetal Stock 7 Spokes
Suspension
Rear Lower Tie-Bar♦Front Strut Bar♦TL-S Rear Sway Bar♦MOOG Rear Endlinks♦HFP Suspension♦Ingalls Camber Kit
Engine/Performance
Nokya Battery Tie Down♦Spoon Radiator/Oil Cap♦Skunk2 Clutch Cover♦Stainless Brake Lines♦TL Engine Cover♦RV6 J-Pipe & Test Pipe♦Short Ram Intake
Old 08-04-2004, 07:26 PM

maybe you didnt do it right...your soppose to put the gauge on, and start up the car and put the A/C to the coldest..and see what the gauge says then
Old 08-04-2004, 07:32 PM
03 SVT FOCUS

LEAKS? and its a 98(???) so u prob. didnt have r12 at one time..the only thing i can think of is to have it vaccummed out to see if thats a problem...go pick up a flush and clean from advance auto parts and a recharge kit...if that doesnt help u might wanna look into a a/c shop to see if they can figure it out...good luck
Old 08-05-2004, 03:29 AM
Gators Bitches!

I am evacing the system today and then rechargin it after. If that doesnt help, I am gonna check the condensor clutch....it doesnt sound like it is engaging. I checked the relays...and they are fine. So I am gonna see if the condensor is getting 12 v from the wire.
Exterior
Suspension
Engine/Performance