Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Door Lock Probs

Old 07-21-2004, 09:03 PM
Gators Bitches!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Lock Probs

So I noticed tonight that my door locks are not working right and need some help figuring out the problem. I have an auto door lock keypad, and I push it and it only moves the door lock half way in. So you can still open it. It wont lock all the by hand either...it goes back out. You have to pull the handle and then move the door lock. Any suggestions?
Old 07-22-2004, 10:37 AM
USMC

Default Re: Door Lock Probs

Originally posted by Celica00GTS
So I noticed tonight that my door locks are not working right and need some help figuring out the problem. I have an auto door lock keypad, and I push it and it only moves the door lock half way in. So you can still open it. It wont lock all the by hand either...it goes back out. You have to pull the handle and then move the door lock. Any suggestions?
all of our cars do that, its supposed to be that way. you have to pull the door handle and then lock it. every honda/acura i've owned does that.
TR happily married crew-member #2

This is the internet. You're just supposed to talk up whatever you do know as if you're a salesman for it. i.e. I drive a Supra and a Corolla therefore 2JZ is the greatest and so is the 4A and I don't care about anything else because it's all crap since I don't have it. I also have a stack of $20 bills in front of me, therefore 20>50 and 20>100 and 20>1000. $20 bill FTW.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:06 AM

yeah thats funny cuz when i first got my car i thought it was f%$& up and i realized its just like a safety feature so u cant lock it on acident then close ur door and have ur keys locked in. it takes some thought
lol
Old 07-22-2004, 03:32 PM

you can still lock your keys in your car....i did that the other day, lifting that handle is second nature so i dont even think about it..is there any way to disable that feature in this case, so the power locks can function without getting in the way of anything else?
Old 07-22-2004, 05:28 PM
Gators Bitches!

it has never done that to me before, this just started
Exterior
HFP Front & Rear Lip♦Limo Tint♦LED Smoke Tails♦Yellow Fogs♦8000k Low Beam HIDs♦LED Reverse Bulbs♦Gunmetal Stock 7 Spokes
Suspension
Rear Lower Tie-Bar♦Front Strut Bar♦TL-S Rear Sway Bar♦MOOG Rear Endlinks♦HFP Suspension♦Ingalls Camber Kit
Engine/Performance
Nokya Battery Tie Down♦Spoon Radiator/Oil Cap♦Skunk2 Clutch Cover♦Stainless Brake Lines♦TL Engine Cover♦RV6 J-Pipe & Test Pipe♦Short Ram Intake
Old 07-22-2004, 05:49 PM
The tenth little indian

that's weird.... mine has always done it to the best of my knowledge
Old 07-22-2004, 06:48 PM
USMC

then it was broken before and now its fixed.
TR happily married crew-member #2

This is the internet. You're just supposed to talk up whatever you do know as if you're a salesman for it. i.e. I drive a Supra and a Corolla therefore 2JZ is the greatest and so is the 4A and I don't care about anything else because it's all crap since I don't have it. I also have a stack of $20 bills in front of me, therefore 20>50 and 20>100 and 20>1000. $20 bill FTW.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:50 PM
Gators Bitches!

Originally posted by accord95
then it was broken before and now its fixed.
That was an easy repair