Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

93 prelude trouble HELP

Old 07-14-2004, 03:45 PM
realfucnfast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 93 prelude trouble HELP

I need Help, I have a 93 prelude sohc 2.2, After the car is warmed up. The idel will rev up and down(1500 to about 2200rpms) at a stop light. It is really annoying, the car runs great under driving condition. I have put a venom 400 on it to help with no luck, It may be a sensor but I just don't know which one it could be. I would have to that it to Honda to find out. That will be the last resort. Hopfully one of you may have had the same problem and know how to fix it thanks.......Dave

Last edited by 93redlude; 07-15-2004 at 09:46 AM.
Old 07-14-2004, 03:55 PM
proud father ;D

It is either your faster idler valve (located on the bottom of your throttle body) or your idle air control valve (located on the front of your intake manifold). To see if it is your FIV, remove your intake pipe and look at your throttle body. On the inside of the TB you'll see two holes on the left side. Start your car and put your finger over the bottom hole.. does your idle go to normal? If so its your FIV. It this has no effect on it, then it is probably your IAC, in this case your check engine light will be on. But if it is not for some reason, unplug your IAC with the car running.. does the idle return to normal? If neither one of these fix your problem, then you may have a vaccum leak somewhere. Hope this helps..

-Mike

http://www.myspace.com/jdmmike02

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
2004 Kawasaki ZX6R - SOLD
Old 07-15-2004, 09:47 AM
realfucnfast

Thanks alot you hit it right on the nose. It was the FIV. I will be going to get a new this afternoon...........Dave