Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Overheated B18c

Old 06-28-2004, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overheated B18c

My swapped B18C is overheating. It appears that the fan is not kicking on. I jumped the fan at the mechanical sender switch at the thermostat, and the fan works, so I replaced the sender. The fan still does not turn on. The cooling fan fuse in the under dash fuse box is good. My next thought is the cooling fan relay in the same fuse box. Does anyone have any further thoughts and suggestions if this does not work. I will be trying this tonight when I get home from work.

By the way, the fan does not turn on, and when I drive down the road the temperature decreases as the air flow increases. AND NO I dont want to rig it with an on/off switch but thanks for the idea.
Old 06-29-2004, 03:37 PM

I tried to swap in a relay with no luck. For now I have rigged it by jumping the harness at the mechanical sending unit for the fan switch to keyed power. Any other suggestions please list them. I know we are in Florida and the fan is almost always running anyway, but Id like it to work properly. Im not sure how to test (what voltage or prongs to get the reading) the relay connections to make sure its powered. I have a multimeter if someone knows where to test for the relay kicking on. Thanks again.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:40 AM

start at the basics......check for breaks in the wires,go through your fuses again and maybe the relay

Toys:
-2003 Honda cr125r
-2003 Honda cr250r
Old 06-30-2004, 08:37 AM
USMC

Originally posted by delsolSI
start at the basics......check for breaks in the wires,go through your fuses again and maybe the relay
+1 with a multimeter you can check continuity(sp) to check for breaks in the wires. if the fuses are good and the relay is good, then you probably have a short somewhere.
TR happily married crew-member #2

This is the internet. You're just supposed to talk up whatever you do know as if you're a salesman for it. i.e. I drive a Supra and a Corolla therefore 2JZ is the greatest and so is the 4A and I don't care about anything else because it's all crap since I don't have it. I also have a stack of $20 bills in front of me, therefore 20>50 and 20>100 and 20>1000. $20 bill FTW.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:29 PM

one of my buddies had that problem with his fan when he boosted his car. but he jus rigg'd a switch to the fan and hook'd it up on his dash and then it workd jus fine after that. you could give that a try if ya wanted to.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:05 AM
USMC

Originally posted by mintalmunkee11
one of my buddies had that problem with his fan when he boosted his car. but he jus rigg'd a switch to the fan and hook'd it up on his dash and then it workd jus fine after that. you could give that a try if ya wanted to.
seeing as he posted this in june, im sure the problem is fixed by now. read the date of the thread, gravedigger.
TR happily married crew-member #2

This is the internet. You're just supposed to talk up whatever you do know as if you're a salesman for it. i.e. I drive a Supra and a Corolla therefore 2JZ is the greatest and so is the 4A and I don't care about anything else because it's all crap since I don't have it. I also have a stack of $20 bills in front of me, therefore 20>50 and 20>100 and 20>1000. $20 bill FTW.