Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

adjusting Fuel pressure regulator

Old 06-28-2004, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adjusting Fuel pressure regulator

hey i need to know which way i turn the nut to make it lean and which way i turn the nut to make it rich, thanks
Old 06-28-2004, 08:47 AM

Get a fuel pressure guage by b&m

Authorized Dealer & Tuner for: Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, AEM, Crome, Precision Turbo, Omni Power, Walbro, Innovate & more. Dyno Tuning Services, Ecu Chipping, Chipped Ecus, Conversion Harnesses, Widebands, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Map Sensors & more.
For more information visit http://www.Phearable.net or call 1-888-236-9831
Old 06-28-2004, 12:45 PM
Retired Ricer...

why do people actually use fprs to adjust fuel according to air fuel ratio??? Not the best idea.... When you do this you are keeping that constant pressure whenever you are at WOT, no matter what rpm, and this can be very unsafe... You never want to have your fuel pressure too high, as shit will break and you will spray fuel all over a running motor, and if you are smart, right now you should be thinking "fire".... Also, if you are leaning out, most likely your injectors are maxed and you need bigger ones, or its something else that is your problem (fuel filter, weak pump, etc...).... Dont get me wrong, you can to an extent do this, but it is not accurate, and not always safe... I reccomend if you have to go a cheap route, get an safc, and some slightly larger injectors (prelude 290s work fine) and go from there......

www.facebook.com/chris.storck1
Project WHIPLASH has begun!!!
RacingIntegration.com (813)935-6720
InductionPerformance.com
NS Racing (813)842-5517
Old 06-28-2004, 03:32 PM
Is now ballin!

Originally posted by InsaneCivicSedan
why do people actually use fprs to adjust fuel according to air fuel ratio??? Not the best idea.... When you do this you are keeping that constant pressure whenever you are at WOT, no matter what rpm, and this can be very unsafe... You never want to have your fuel pressure too high, as shit will break and you will spray fuel all over a running motor, and if you are smart, right now you should be thinking "fire".... Also, if you are leaning out, most likely your injectors are maxed and you need bigger ones, or its something else that is your problem (fuel filter, weak pump, etc...).... Dont get me wrong, you can to an extent do this, but it is not accurate, and not always safe... I reccomend if you have to go a cheap route, get an safc, and some slightly larger injectors (prelude 290s work fine) and go from there......
+1 well said... preach it brotha

RIP Kevin (Slo_Si) Gonzalez - 09/13/2006
Old 06-28-2004, 06:28 PM
Retired Ricer...

By the way, in my rant I forgot to point out the obvious.... A fuel pressure regulator is just that, a PRESSURE regulator that regulates fuel PRESSURE.... it in no way changes the amount of fuel entering the cylinders, it is not a fuel flow regulator....

For example, say you have 450 cc injectors running at 100%, you have 450 cc's of fuel.... the only difference with the FPR would be the pressure at which the fuel enters the cylinder..... 450cc's@55psi and 450cc's@75psi are both STILL 450cc's..... get it???

www.facebook.com/chris.storck1
Project WHIPLASH has begun!!!
RacingIntegration.com (813)935-6720
InductionPerformance.com
NS Racing (813)842-5517
Old 07-06-2004, 12:19 PM

i tired adjusting it and it still didnt change , when i start driving it goes to lean, and i tried adjsting the regulator and it didnt make it any richer, but if it did work when i turned the other way and leaned it out, why would my car be running lean all of the sudden, 2 weeks ago it ran fine, then for a week i didnt start it and wheni finnaly did it ran like shit and i got new spark plugs and it ran better but it runs lean, i need help
Old 07-07-2004, 02:46 AM
Too Much is ALMOST Enough

you need to learn what to do before you start messing with things. ask your brother to help. and by the way i need some corner lights you have a set??
Old 07-07-2004, 03:17 AM
Dramatic Lemur

Note:

If you have a check engine light, Your chucky cheese meter is no-where near accurate.