Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Exhaust Question

Old 06-22-2004, 08:55 AM
GONZO SHAPED MEMBER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Question

I searched and came up with dickfist, so here goes.

I have a 93 GSR with a DC 4-1 header and I am going to get my exhaust put on this week. I am using an ES oval muffler(2 1/4).

My question is, the catalytic converter on the car was fucked up. I am wondering how loud it is going to be if I just run 2 1/4 piping straight from the header to the muffler?

This would just be like using a test pipe correct?, or would this make my car run shittier?
Thanks in advance,
ZACH

Also, any places in Pinellas that you would reccomend.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:10 AM
Using The Force Of N/A

by removing the CAT you are eliminating all Back Pressure. It will give you some extra Hp but nothing tremendous. I know that since I knocked the CAT out of my Teg the exhaust is really high pitched (annoying) but I also get a little better Gas Mileage. I guess it depends on the car.
Old 06-22-2004, 12:24 PM
GONZO SHAPED MEMBER

I understand backpressure. My question was more of, Am I going to create unneeded backpressure by using straight piping, which has a smaller diameter than a test pipe, from my header back.

Thanks
Old 06-22-2004, 04:18 PM
Its a secret

i wouldnt think so because you still will have a reduced back pressure than the stock cat. the stock cat is a bit restrictive. A stock cat is also bigger than the piping. which in the stock exhaust cause would slow the gases down a bit. But since your gonna replace the cat i would imagine that you still would have free'd up a bit more hp since the gases will be able to exit much faster, than a stock cat. And because the piping is smaller you will probarly create the same amount of backpressure.

someone correct me if im wrong

the only way to be sure is to but the damn thing on already.

Hero's arent born there american
made.

Aco. 53rd CSB LTF - TMT - 1st SQD
Afganistan Tour 2005 - 2006
- Its Game Time -
Old 06-22-2004, 05:40 PM
GONZO SHAPED MEMBER

Thanks guys, I will let youknow when I find a shop, I am pretty sure I have but will know for certain tomorrow.
Old 06-25-2004, 06:02 PM

Zach Bro you heard my hatch the other day didnt you?its 2 1/2"header back to N1 muffler,its pretty fuckin loud but if you do your 2 1/2 from the header back no cat with a glasspack(resonator) in the middle it will osund tight,and if you want i gotta guy who will do it all for around $130..lmk thanks man