Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

My lude bogs

Old 05-14-2004, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My lude bogs

My prelude has started dying at idle and bogging at lower gears so I took it out for a spin to try and determine what it does when. It doesn't bog all the time only for half a second every two or three minutes.

I took the car out for a spin so i could drive it slow and it behaves normal as long as I'm at more then about 10% throttle, 2200 rpms in third at 30 MPH. under that it behaves normally most of the time. I drove it for 15 minutes and it only bogged 4 times that I could feel or see. of those one was at idle in park and it staled. one was at 1500 RPM's and 20 mph going up a slight incline and it staled. one was leaving a parking lot at 1000 rpm's and 5-10 MPH. In this one I punched the gas, about 50% throttle, as soon as i felt it and the car bogged for half a second and then reved normally. finally I was driving back home at 20 mph and i felt a slight bog gave about 10% more throttle, bearly anything, and the car just stopped bogging immediately. I don't know what else to describe so if you need to know something else to help please ask and thank you for your help.

also its a 93 prelude si the 2.3 liter I don't know if that helps.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:42 PM
I WANT SOME CRACK....

o2 sensor going out.......
Old 05-14-2004, 04:54 PM
Dr. Doom

yup, had my teg to the same thing, replace your 02 sensor or check for poor connections or corrosion.
Old 05-14-2004, 06:42 PM

Someone said it might be the iacv because it only happend at idle or near idle. Is that pheasable and if so how do I trouble shoot which one is bad. Can autozone test these parts? It would seem hard especailly since they work fine 99% of the time.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:16 PM
Retired Ricer...

well if your o2 or something else related is the problem, you should be getting a check engine light which you can go off of to pinpoint your problem.... Im not sure if the IACV would cause a check engine light.... If you have a check engine light on I suggest taking it to a shop that can decode it and let you know what your problem is and go from there... Also, dont rule out other things... It could be something as simple as a fuel filter or something along those lines.... When was the last time your fuel filter, cap and rotor, plugs, and wires were changed? basically when was the last time you had a routine tune up???

www.facebook.com/chris.storck1
Project WHIPLASH has begun!!!
RacingIntegration.com (813)935-6720
InductionPerformance.com
NS Racing (813)842-5517
Old 05-15-2004, 05:47 AM

Did a tune up over spring break. It doesn't feal like I'm not getting spark. There isn't a loss of power at low RPM's all the time like it would be if it was a bad spark plug. Only for half a second every two or three minutes. The rest of the time it runs perfectly normal. Its not like miss firing. Its worse when it happens but not constant. There is also no check engine light. Well no check engine light for this problem. The wiring for the knock sensor is messed up so after I run the car for 20 or 30 minutes the check engine light comes on. Also its not getting worse which suggests to me its not the O2 sensor or a bad spark plug because that would be a constant problem and it gets worse over time. can someone tell me if my logic is correct?