Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

A/C question. Please help. It's hot here

Old 05-08-2004, 07:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C question. Please help. It's hot here

Hi, I have a 96 civic with a 98 b18c1 in it. Right now i have everything for the A/c in the car except for the compressor, lines, and compressor bracket. Right now the stock gsr compressor bracket is on the motor. What my my question is, is there any way to use the stock gsr bracket i have instead of buying the del sol one? Right now all i have is that gsr bracket. So what compressor should i buy, and what lines should i buy to make it work. Or do i just need to get del sol vtec bracket, d-series compressor, and d-series lines?? But that is just 1 more thing to buy, im hoping to only have to buy a compressor and lines. Thanks for the help
Old 05-08-2004, 08:25 AM

please guys, i gotta get this done soon
Old 05-08-2004, 08:29 AM

Buy a 95 DOHC VTEC delsol ac bracket.
It will bolt onto the GSR motor & to the SOHC ac compressor.
Then use the factory SOHC 96 civic compressor as it was on the orignal motor.

Authorized Dealer & Tuner for: Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, AEM, Crome, Precision Turbo, Omni Power, Walbro, Innovate & more. Dyno Tuning Services, Ecu Chipping, Chipped Ecus, Conversion Harnesses, Widebands, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Map Sensors & more.
For more information visit http://www.Phearable.net or call 1-888-236-9831
Old 05-08-2004, 08:46 AM
engine building &best

buy a 90-93 bracket then you can use a stock gsr or a 99-00si compressor

175+served in engines built from minime to gsr/lsvtec,b16 b20vtec,d15 k24 powerhouses or just rebuilds.life is good
i like when people don't take my advice.cause then i make more money when u need it rebuild the right way!

how many speed holes do i need in my bumper,b4 i can run 15's?
Old 05-08-2004, 09:13 AM

Originally posted by rangcrx
buy a 90-93 bracket then you can use a stock gsr or a 99-00si compressor
90-93 bracket from what ?

If he wanted to use a GSR compressor he could use the GSR bracket he has on the motor now.

Authorized Dealer & Tuner for: Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, AEM, Crome, Precision Turbo, Omni Power, Walbro, Innovate & more. Dyno Tuning Services, Ecu Chipping, Chipped Ecus, Conversion Harnesses, Widebands, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Map Sensors & more.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:38 AM

right now out of the 3 parts conserning the setup, I have the stock gsr A/c bracket. What do i need to get to complete the setup. What i mean is, What compressor, and what lines do i need to get to be able to use the stock gsr bracket. Then i only have to buy 2 of the missing items, not all 3. since i already have the gsr bracket. Is there a way to make it work, or should i just go for the norm and get the del sol bracket, d -series compressor, and stock lines.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:59 AM

The GSR lines will probably not work considering your vehicle is a civic chassies.

I recommend you use the norm delsol dohc vtec bracket with a OEM 96-00 civic compressor & lines.

Old 05-08-2004, 11:22 AM
engine building &best

im just trying to help out on a dohc swap i just did into a 97 4door i used a 90-93 integra pr4 bracket to make it look alot nicer and used a gsr compressor

175+served in engines built from minime to gsr/lsvtec,b16 b20vtec,d15 k24 powerhouses or just rebuilds.life is good
i like when people don't take my advice.cause then i make more money when u need it rebuild the right way!

how many speed holes do i need in my bumper,b4 i can run 15's?
Old 05-08-2004, 12:59 PM

Originally posted by rangcrx
im just trying to help out on a dohc swap i just did into a 97 4door i used a 90-93 integra pr4 bracket to make it look alot nicer and used a gsr compressor
Your not making much sence.

How would a 90-93 integra pr4 bracket & gsr compressor look better then a dohc vtec delsol bracket with the OEM sohc compressor ?

A bracket is a bracket a compressor is compressor they all look the same. One install isnt cleaner then another.

What I dont get is what happend to this guys sohc ac components... ?

When have done dohc into 96-00 civics I have retained the sohc ac components & just purchased a dohc vtec delsol ac bracket & made life easy.

Last edited by mtber; 05-08-2004 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-08-2004, 01:35 PM

all i want to know is if there ius a way to make it work while using the gsr bracket??