Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

transmission problem..

Old 04-22-2004, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission problem..

Dx transmission 92 civic. I just changed it out and it doesnt engage. Its a automatic tranny. The cable seem to long but its the same cable I used before. The transmission was tranferd on a dx 99 engine. Everything bolts up fine just doesnt want to engage. The cable moves back and fourth on the transmisson and moves the lever but it isnt moving the tires forward.

I can hear the engine kick down when it changes gears and when I shut off thecar I can hear the drum inside spining still, not sure if thats normal or not. I lined up the drum and driveplate to where it was when I removed it and installed it right back to where it was before. There isnt that much to a installing a automatic transmission to a engine its cake iam just not getting whats wrong. Its my first time but it seem to easy and I know iam doing something wrong. The axles spin and all but the tires arent moving at all. Its like something is sliping or not grabing. I can't hear anything grinding at all. If anyone has experince in this please help. I can pay you of course but you have to point out the problem and fix it to get paid. I know its gotta be something simple like maybe not aligning the cable or maybe the, I dont know I have somethings I still want to check but need some help or ideas what I shold inspect check or do or whatever to help find my problem. Thank you for any help in advance

Forgot to add one thing. I step on the gas pedal down further and the tires finally start to turn along with the gear. But I had to give it alot of gas. I dont remember but I dont think it would go in reverse when I steped on the pedal to check reverse (pedal near the floor with about 3K rpm)
Old 04-23-2004, 10:56 AM

wtf noone?
Old 04-23-2004, 02:07 PM
:mugen member:

check the cable/SEE iF the CV Enters on on both side R IN ??
I CAN FIX IT CHEAP U SEE MY #
Old 04-24-2004, 01:27 PM

Iam a dumbass. I didnt add any or enough fluid.

Crix: by the way I fixed the car last night runs freakin awsome. I did the timing it was off by a tooth and the one of the two of the plugs were switched around. I guess the 99 changed from the 93 dx .. (firing order) I didnt know or bother to check. Motor runs perfect. Swap was succesful.

Knock sensor is still here if your still wanting it.
Old 04-24-2004, 02:03 PM

good to hear it have it going ...props!
how much 4 the knock sendapn
where R u located hopefully tampa?
Old 04-24-2004, 04:33 PM

no man i am in clearwater. 727 793 0741. I'll be home tonight. If you want just stop by my work tommorw. $20 brand new. I dont get a day off this week and long shifts. It would be the best bet of getting over to me.
Old 04-24-2004, 07:14 PM

ILL call u tomorrow & 2 fix the other car
MY G-friends Ford EXPLOWDER CAUGHT on Fire last night
but got lucky som1 had a fire extingwisher & my dad is a Fireman
but I fixed it all today! Keeping 1 in trunk now 2ND time 1st was trans..
how many screen names do u have....?
BNT
Old 04-25-2004, 02:56 PM

That sucks man, you know whats weird is that my freinds f150(02) cat caught on fire a few days ago on belcher. Toasted the o2 and whatever else. The cat was beat red when he pulled it into the shop I guess. I wasnt there to see the who thing just heard about it.

I only have one screen name. Iam not on dial up anymore. Msn now. crxhybrid is my screen name.

I will be home today after 5 tomorrow and the rest of the week I work from 7-3pm. Just stop by whenever you want.