Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

mount welding question

Old 02-21-2004, 01:54 PM
USMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mount welding question

i am putting an H22 into my accord. i am also doing an automatic to manual conversion, which requires me to change the rear mount. per these instructions i have to cut off the old mount and weld in a 5-speed rear mount.

http://www.extremeredline.net/accord/automanual.html

in these instructions they leave the engine in durring this conversion and only remove the tranny. the rear mount is connected to both the engine and tranny.

so my question is this: do i put the h22 into my accord(without the tranny) with the rear mount attached to the engine, then have someone weld the mount in. or do i have someone weld in the mount and then put the engine and trany in together? and finally if i should have someone weld in the mount before putting the engine, how are they going to know where to weld it?

sorry, this my first swap and auto to manual conversion.
TR happily married crew-member #2

This is the internet. You're just supposed to talk up whatever you do know as if you're a salesman for it. i.e. I drive a Supra and a Corolla therefore 2JZ is the greatest and so is the 4A and I don't care about anything else because it's all crap since I don't have it. I also have a stack of $20 bills in front of me, therefore 20>50 and 20>100 and 20>1000. $20 bill FTW.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:15 AM
USMC

ttt, someone has to know the answer.

This is the internet. You're just supposed to talk up whatever you do know as if you're a salesman for it. i.e. I drive a Supra and a Corolla therefore 2JZ is the greatest and so is the 4A and I don't care about anything else because it's all crap since I don't have it. I also have a stack of $20 bills in front of me, therefore 20>50 and 20>100 and 20>1000. $20 bill FTW.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:54 AM
USMC

ttt

Old 03-09-2004, 07:11 AM
USMC

i found out its the passenger side mount, not the rear mount. so my new question is this. after i cut off the old mount, should i have the mount welded in first, or put the engine in and then weld in the mount?