Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

cluster swap

Old 02-18-2004, 04:37 PM
MaDe Of MoNeY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cluster swap

I did a search but coudnt find anything. Anyways I have a 89 honda civic dx hb. My car never came with a tach. I found a cheep cluster out of a 89 crx HF. I was wandering what all do I need to know to do the swap and if there is anything that I will need. Will the plugs that I have on my dx plug into the hf cluster? Do I need to run any wires? Do I need to repin the ecu? Oh yea Just in case you didnt know I have dual point injection.
"What shitty poorly fitted aero did you ziptie on today, after installing shitty knockoff parts that dont fit worth a damn, followed up by poorly fitted cheap heavy wheels with the wrong offset so they rub but you play it off as looking cool, and then post pics here today"
Old 02-18-2004, 06:24 PM
All Socoms CAMOPIMPIN

yea u should have no problems putting that in ur car i just gave my friend my 90 crx si cluster and he put it in his 90 civic 4door dx and works perfect
Old 02-19-2004, 02:28 AM
MaDe Of MoNeY

thanks did he have to run any wires for the tach?
"What shitty poorly fitted aero did you ziptie on today, after installing shitty knockoff parts that dont fit worth a damn, followed up by poorly fitted cheap heavy wheels with the wrong offset so they rub but you play it off as looking cool, and then post pics here today"
Old 02-19-2004, 04:51 AM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

I took out my 91 dx hatch cluster and inserted a 91 si hatch cluster and i believe there was one wire to run.

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 02-19-2004, 05:09 AM
MaDe Of MoNeY

where did you run the one wire? what color was it. Will the stock plugs fit into the cluster?
Old 02-19-2004, 05:17 AM

yes the stock plugs will fit into the cluster
Old 02-19-2004, 05:23 AM
MaDe Of MoNeY

chi town brat said that there is a wire that I will need to run. What wire is it? and where does it go?
Old 02-19-2004, 09:22 AM
KJ
bored at work

you don't need to run any wires. just plug it in tach signal is already wired in.

Gracie Barra Clearwater Gyms in Clearwater, St. Pete and Port Richey
pm me if you are interested in trying a free class at any of the gyms.
Old 02-19-2004, 12:06 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Originally posted by `92CXhatch
yes it is... all hondas already have this wire regardless of if you have a tach or not...
-Keith
this is true, there was some confusion at first, because the guys who helped as usual went more complicated then simple in thier thinking.

have fun putting in the speedo cable.

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production