Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Still will not idle right

Old 12-26-2003, 11:34 AM
Pleasure the do me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still will not idle right

I have not driven my car in like 2 months, due to a broken left ankle, and an annoying idle. We have tried everything. I put another iacv on, i have adjusted the idle for hours, I have messed with the smc to see if the fuel was causing the problem, no luck with any of them. Would a bad ecu throw a code? I found a new ecu for cheap, and I thought what the heck. Should I try it. What else could it be. As soon as he ankle is healed (3 more grueling weeks in a cast) and I get the idle problem solved, then I want to go get tuned. Any help would be appricated.
Old 12-26-2003, 11:54 AM
once your bit, your done.

Vacuum? Timing? My last CRX had that problem as well too. Everytime I ran it a little and got on it the temp would rise and when id stop and let idle it'd be all loopey too. I plugged a different ecu in and it didnt do it anymore though. I dont see what can just cause an ecu to do that out of nowhere though.
Old 12-27-2003, 10:06 AM
The Sponge

What exactly is it doing?

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
MBRP Race Exhaust - Lethal Performance Downpipe - Cobb AP - Adam Tuned
JLT CAI - UPR Dual Valve Catch Can
Old 12-27-2003, 08:37 PM
---

Yes, it could be vacuum, timing, or possibly bent valves. When did it start doing this, and how did it happen?
Old 12-29-2003, 05:05 AM
Pleasure the do me

When I threw my turbo on, it has never idled right. We checked all the vacuum lines and we cannot find anything that could be causing this. My friend took it to his work at Honda, but since I am a pre 96, there is no port for the dionostic machine.

The idle problem itself is it revs up to 2k, then goes down to almost where it stalls out, which it does sometimes. I am about to just yank my turbo shit off and sell the car and build a motor for me to have when i graduate. Any more suggestions would be great. Thanks for all the help.
Old 01-01-2004, 12:27 AM

i had a car that did that but, i didnt have a turbo. and it ended up being a stuck EGR valve
Old 01-02-2004, 06:28 PM
Honda Guru

Ive been through this horrible idle thing, i think everyone has, what i would do to get it to stop is turn the idle so low to the point that it couldnt even lope anymore, drove it like that and slowley started to turn the idle up, it always happened after i would reset my ecu.
Old 01-03-2004, 10:28 AM
My blowoff valve goes Moo

It happened when you put the turbo on, so chances are there's nothing else wrong with it. Take all of your vacuum lines off, and start the car. If it still does it, then you know you have another problem.

If it doesn't still surge, put the vacuum lines back on one by one. You'll either get them all back on and have a car that idles, or you'll find where your problem is and be able to fix it.