Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

using hondata with all motor??

Old 09-28-2003, 02:17 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this might be a little of course to your acutal questions but I wanted to share some insight...I was going to go the same route, but was advised that it wouldnt be too benefical for my particular setup. Reason being is that with the hondata setup(now, im no hondata guru mind you)that you will pay "x" amount of dollars to purchase the system then "xx" amount per "x" hours of dollars to have it tuned the 1st time around. Well, if you go with the alternative route (v-afc, etc)you will pay for the system "x" dollars, then maybe "x" of dollars to have it tuned PLUS maybe learn alittle about tuning it yourself, then you wont have to pay for dyno time hours and tuning if you change your setup ie, add more fuel, more parts, yada yada. Thats what was suggested to me for running all-motor. But of course, IF you had the cheese to pay for tuning when you upgrade, then by all means. But I would like to know more info on running hondata as far as the gains/advantages myself.

TR Profile
Myspace Profile

Last edited by Ralph; 09-28-2003 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-28-2003, 03:07 PM
i stepped on my weiner!

cronic has a dyno graph which shows a 12 or 16 HP gain on a stock honda....stock......cant remember, i belive it was a dohc vtec

10.02@149.5 Bullseye Power Turbos
Top Dead Center Performance
Mobile Alabama 251 661 6067
owner/operator
www.tdcperformance.net
Old 09-28-2003, 05:11 PM

It all depends on what setup you are going to run
90% of the time hondata will make more power then anything else because it has to be tuned & tuned & tuned.

Authorized Dealer & Tuner for: Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, AEM, Crome, Precision Turbo, Omni Power, Walbro, Innovate & more. Dyno Tuning Services, Ecu Chipping, Chipped Ecus, Conversion Harnesses, Widebands, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Map Sensors & more.
For more information visit http://www.Phearable.net or call 1-888-236-9831
Old 09-28-2003, 07:27 PM
Fuck the DOHC

Originally posted by Vapor
no, it doesnt have to be tuned and tuned. There is more to tune than a VAFC can do.

I can tune ignition timing in 300 rpm increments, fuel enrichment, compensate for very large injectors (I have made 900cc injectors idle and run like stock on a n/a motor) vtec engagement, nitrous fuel enrichment, nitrous ignition retard, a/c shut off, idle speed, disable needless check engine lights, add a shift light, and I can optionally add datalogging and a three stage rev limiter.

There are more things to tune and more power can be had from it - but once it's tuned, you don't have to even think about it
Can't wait to get mine done on Friday.

http://www.Sohchonda.com
Honda SOHC & D Series Resource
Old 09-28-2003, 07:36 PM

Originally posted by Vapor
no, it doesnt have to be tuned and tuned. There is more to tune than a VAFC can do.

I can tune ignition timing in 300 rpm increments, fuel enrichment, compensate for very large injectors (I have made 900cc injectors idle and run like stock on a n/a motor) vtec engagement, nitrous fuel enrichment, nitrous ignition retard, a/c shut off, idle speed, disable needless check engine lights, add a shift light, and I can optionally add datalogging and a three stage rev limiter.

There are more things to tune and more power can be had from it - but once it's tuned, you don't have to even think about it
I was not trying to say it needs to be tuned multiple times... I was saying that it has to be tuned by a hondata professional & done right which may take more then just a few dyno runs.

Anyways, oh well.. Hondata is great if you can afford it...
Old 09-28-2003, 07:58 PM

I would not touch hondata with a 10 ft poll on a motor which I invetested tons of time & money into :-/

Authorized Dealer & Tuner for: Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, AEM, Crome, Precision Turbo, Omni Power, Walbro, Innovate & more. Dyno Tuning Services, Ecu Chipping, Chipped Ecus, Conversion Harnesses, Widebands, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Map Sensors & more.
For more information visit http://www.Phearable.net or call 1-888-236-9831