Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

ZC Engine Swap?

Old 09-21-2003, 01:24 PM
TheLegend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZC Engine Swap?

I was wondering if anyone could help me with the specifics on the ZC engine, for example; what kind of HP will I be making, how much would it cost (engine, and install), the modifications that will need to be made to accomidate the engine, and the mods that can be done to the engine after it is installed. This would be for a <89 Civic HB>. I know I should go with a B18 or a B16, but ima baller on a budget, that deosn't even have working air con. Which brings another question, if i get a new engine that includes AC would i only need a charge to get it running icy cold?
Old 09-21-2003, 01:35 PM
Dr. Doom

Default Re: ZC Engine Swap?

Originally posted by TopSecretGoldEF
ima baller on a budget
lol
Old 09-21-2003, 04:04 PM
Old School

I say its the cheapest swap and u should be happy with the results.
Old 09-21-2003, 05:52 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Default Re: Re: ZC Engine Swap?

Originally posted by `92CXhatch
ok i will answer you since no one else is... specs... 130hp and 127tq, motors can be had for between 400-700 install shouldnt be more than 300-400, no mods... bolt in you can use your stock tranny and everything else (if you dont have MPFI you will have to convert)... you can do all kinds of shit when it is in... what do you want to do??? AC... you will have to figure out what is the problem with you existing system... if it is the compressor only and you get a good compressor with the swap then have it filled and you are set... if not then you will have to fix whatever is wrong...
-Keith
That torque rating can't be right dude. LSs have that much torque. I will post the specs when i find them.
Old 09-21-2003, 05:54 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Wow look at that it took me less than a minute to find the answer to this question, please people instead of asking these simple questions try searching on your own.

129 hp @ 6800 RPM
106lb/ft @ 5700 RPM
Old 09-21-2003, 06:04 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally posted by `92CXhatch
sorry man their are more one motor called the "ZC" and the one i am thinking about as im sure he was... i will find the specs... and i am pretty sure i am right... i will post it up man...
-Keith
Nah dude i was more talking about the guy asking the question. just to clarify, i got those specs from the JDM Crx Si.