Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Window trouble

Old 09-17-2003, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window trouble

Hey, I was wondering if anyone had the same problem with their windows........ It won't go up all the way, stops about 1 1/2 inches from top and rattles if I keep pushing the button. I can still manually push it up. I don't know if I can just take the door apart and try to fix it. Some guy I knew a while back had the same problem and it cost $200 to have someone fix it, so I'd rather try to do it myself if at all possible. Thanks!
Old 09-17-2003, 03:12 PM
E & I Certified

difficult to diagnose over the intranet. you would have to take the door panel of and look for anything broken/binding. good luck.

junkyards have cheap parts if you need anything.
Old 09-18-2003, 01:26 PM

Yeah, Im a lil nervous about taking the door off myself without some guidence. maybe wondering if there were some words of wisdom on how to. My luck I'll get it apart and not know how to get it back together. lol has anyone had to go and do this??? or is it just my ghetto ride???
Old 09-18-2003, 02:12 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally posted by racergrrly
Yeah, Im a lil nervous about taking the door off myself without some guidence. maybe wondering if there were some words of wisdom on how to. My luck I'll get it apart and not know how to get it back together. lol has anyone had to go and do this??? or is it just my ghetto ride???
Post pictures, i may be willing to help you. . .
Old 09-18-2003, 02:17 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally posted by Legato
dude pay the 200 bucks..... 200 isnt that much... or i can do it for 100...let me know
Hey you turd, i'm trying to spit some game here.
Old 09-18-2003, 02:42 PM
E & I Certified

Originally posted by Legato
dude pay the 200 bucks..... 200 isnt that much... or i can do it for 100...let me know
$free diagnose if i had time.

i still have to fix my other friends window yet.
Old 09-18-2003, 03:14 PM

Originally posted by Vito_Corleone
Hey you turd, i'm trying to spit some game here.

LOL...calm down bois. Im spoken for! But if you honestly want to help me i can explain exactly what its doing. they are obviouslly power windows. and when i push the little button to make the window go up...it'll go all but an inch or so, then it rattles alot. I've been asked before if its slow to go up, but i dont really thing so. I mean since i got the car i noticed it does go up slower than i think it should, but im impateint as well.....so anyways thats not gunna help much. I thought maybe the window slipped off track or sumthing or maybe its a little peice thats broken. I'll be pissed if i have to take it to hondaland, last time i went there about my remote keyless entry not working from the day i bought it they were so totally retarded i wondered how they kept their jobs (sorry if thats any of you or your friends.) so there it is.
Oh, and I appreciate the leg hump and all but Vapor might not think it as funny. LOL
Old 09-18-2003, 03:17 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally posted by racergrrly
LOL...calm down bois. Im spoken for! But if you honestly want to help me i can explain exactly what its doing. they are obviouslly power windows. and when i push the little button to make the window go up...it'll go all but an inch or so, then it rattles alot. I've been asked before if its slow to go up, but i dont really thing so. I mean since i got the car i noticed it does go up slower than i think it should, but im impateint as well.....so anyways thats not gunna help much. I thought maybe the window slipped off track or sumthing or maybe its a little peice thats broken. I'll be pissed if i have to take it to hondaland, last time i went there about my remote keyless entry not working from the day i bought it they were so totally retarded i wondered how they kept their jobs (sorry if thats any of you or your friends.) so there it is.
Oh, and I appreciate the leg hump and all but Vapor might not think it as funny. LOL
First things first, why would Vapor not think it's funny? Are you dating John? If so woops, and why the fuck don't you have him fix it! Honestly it's one of those things one would really want to look at beofre just spouting off.
Old 09-18-2003, 03:30 PM

Calm down. Yeah Im dating him. I was joking about him freakin out! And he is really busy at his shop to fix my silly little window. No need to get nasty. I was just making a joke. anyways I really just want to figure out how to fix my window. believe me, if john had a moment of free time, im sure he would fix my window but that is just not the case so im trying to do this myself with a little insight from you people. thats all. no reason to shout and swear at lil ol' me Ok, now is there any ideas on what the problem with the window is?