Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

aftermarket crossmember

Old 09-16-2003, 04:56 AM
I'm just her baby daddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket crossmember

Ok i have an 88 civic hatch with a b16a swap and its pretty crammed together inside there by the crossmember. my dc 4-1 header touches the crossmember and its pretty annoying.

i was wondering if anyone has any experience with the jimfab crossmember or with the place racing crossmember. i did a search and didnt really come up with anything.

only reason im wondering this is because the jimfab is pretty costly going for around $360 and the place racing is $190 from jdmhondaparts. i know some people are going to give me the "you get what you pay for" line but im just wondering if anyone has any experience with one of the two.

thanks,

james
Old 09-16-2003, 06:06 AM

I have the place racing and its insane how much room it frees up in the front....with the member i can run a full 3" on my crx without any clearance issues

The place racing only use is to free up space in the front...it does not look more ridgid than the stock xmember...in a front end collision i think the stock member may save your motor.

JimFab is on par if not better than those pricey Z10 bars...is very well engineered and is known to reduce most if not all wheelhop..the structure of the member is also better designed.

Personally i would have bought the JimFab but i came across the place racing for dirt cheap

if you have extra money then buy the JimFab

if not Place Racing serves its purpose...when ordering the member be sure to tell them you are running a stock radiator because they make provisions for mounting EG radiators too
Old 09-16-2003, 09:01 AM
I'm just her baby daddy

thanks for the info.

i dont have "extra" money right now so it would probably be the place racing crossmember i would go with because really my main issue right now is to free up some space.

i only have a stock b16 right now with i/h/e and dont see any motor building up for a little while now so i dont really need to worry about alot of wheel hop right now.

i may just get the place racing for now and when i start building up then i'll think about the jimfab.