Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

anyome have a impact drill in the st.pete. area??

Old 08-30-2003, 05:54 PM
art
E=MC-hammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyome have a impact drill in the st.pete. area??

hey today is sat. the 30th...I need a impact to get a bolt off a crank shaft so if you have one and can do it tomarow sunday the 31st please let me know i need this done asap!!! to get my wife's car back on the road...so let me know
thanks
art

www.rccustomz.com
Old 08-30-2003, 07:55 PM

I don't think an electric impact will get it off. You'd need a pretty decent air compressor and gun to get it off. I recommend (if it's driveable) to bring it to a tire shop and ask them to take it off. Then tighten it where you can take if off at home. If it's not driveable, get a chain wrench (grabs the pulley) and then a long breaker bar and use your leg muscles. Good luck!
Old 08-30-2003, 08:32 PM
i hate you

or you can call a place called rudy's rentals in st pete the rent out alot of stuff and may have 1
Old 08-31-2003, 08:44 AM
ls/vtec turbo on the way!

hey are you trying to get the pulley off that y8 I gave to you? If you are good luck! You will need it
Old 08-31-2003, 09:15 AM
WHAT!?! OK!......

Take the spark plug out of #1 cylinder, then stick your finger in the whole and turn the crankshaft until you feel the piston push the air up towards your finger, thats the compression stroke, put it at TDC...Thats TDC #1 on the compression stroke, now turn the crank pulley back so that the cam pulley goes back about 90degrees...Now get some rope that will fit in the spark plug hole and push it in there with a long screwdriver...Drop about 2-3 feet of it in there, then turn the crankpulley back to TDC, you'll never reach TDC and now you can push against the pulley bolt as hard as you want now...Break it loose and take off your pulley...When you tighten it up, stick a prybar or something solid in the hole of the pulley and let it jam up on the frame rail of the car...I used an old big screwdriver...You can tighten it and torque it to spec with that method but if you try to loosen it, its not gonna work since its overtorqued by like 100lbfts from the factory...

Thats the ghetto-rigged way to remove the crankpulley when you don't have air tools...

Zee

04 Civic Si
01 Lexus GS300