Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Please Help!!!!!!

Old 08-26-2003, 06:03 PM
ls/vtec turbo on the way!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help!!!!!!

I finally started up my car tonight and something just doesnt sound right. It kinda sounds like a knock, but everything is brand new. could my timing belt be to tight? I put oil on all the bearings when I put it together. WTF!! Of course I had a check engine light so I checked it and I got 3 and 41, I think those are map and o2 and I dont have either. Someone please help me!
Old 08-26-2003, 06:59 PM

well I started it again and I dont think its a knock. The noise is coming from the drivers side of the engine. I didnt put any of the timing covers on could that be it? Also it idles like shit until the check engine light comes on and then it clears up and idles at like 3000 and stays there for a couple of seconds and just stalls. WTF is going on? I checked all the vac hoses and everything is good. Please help!
Old 08-26-2003, 07:34 PM
WHAT!?! OK!......

Originally posted by 98hciv
well I started it again and I dont think its a knock. The noise is coming from the drivers side of the engine. I didnt put any of the timing covers on could that be it? Also it idles like shit until the check engine light comes on and then it clears up and idles at like 3000 and stays there for a couple of seconds and just stalls. WTF is going on? I checked all the vac hoses and everything is good. Please help!
Check to see if you have the spark plug wires connected correctly...

It could be detonation...Did you check to see if fuel was positive and if the injectors were good?

Zee

04 Civic Si
01 Lexus GS300
Old 08-26-2003, 07:36 PM
The Sponge

What motor did you put in?

Timing belts CAN be too tight. This may sound dumb, but are you sure all the mounts are tight, nothing you could have possibly forgot to tighten down? I know this all sounds obvious but it's a good starting point. If your sure thats not the case, try to determine more where the noise is coming from. The old timers way to tell is to put a long screwdriver against different areas of the block and listen to it closely. See where the screwdriver is when the noise is loudest. That will pinpoint the area to focus on. Keep us updated!

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
MBRP Race Exhaust - Lethal Performance Downpipe - Cobb AP - Adam Tuned
JLT CAI - UPR Dual Valve Catch Can
Old 08-26-2003, 07:38 PM
The Sponge

Part 2:

As far as the sensors, make sure you have them all connected properly and that the sensors are in proper working order.

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
MBRP Race Exhaust - Lethal Performance Downpipe - Cobb AP - Adam Tuned
JLT CAI - UPR Dual Valve Catch Can
Old 08-26-2003, 07:42 PM
WHAT!?! OK!......

Check your timing man...
Get a timing gun if you don't already have one...You can't build a motor and start it up without a timing gun handy...
Zee

04 Civic Si
01 Lexus GS300
Old 08-27-2003, 05:32 PM

Ok, got it running again tonight and I found out what the noise was, Im a tard and didnt tighten the exhast cam tight enough so thats fixed. About the idle I got it down around 2 grand but sometimes it still wants to stall. when it trys to stall the A/f goes all the way to lean, but If I feather the pedal it will stay running. Also about the timing I didnt put any of the covers on is there any other way to check it? thanks for all your replys
Old 08-27-2003, 05:33 PM

and to mrbracing I have a ls/vtec
Old 08-27-2003, 05:42 PM
B16ACRX

hmm. my old lsvtec did that and I turned up the fuel pressure and solved that problem. But it was one of many other things. Does it idle fine after it warms up?