Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

TECH: GSR ECU on an H22a!?

Old 08-13-2003, 09:29 AM
more class than college

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what would be the purpose? the net gain was only like 10hp. the loss was the lack of any midrange.

team v8 in the works. hold one tango.....
hot hot heat in the cup!!!
Old 08-13-2003, 09:46 AM
Tha numba one stunna

empty your mail box jeff
Old 08-13-2003, 02:34 PM
bad ass fonzie

i dont see any 'falling flat on it's face'. they say that a vafc can't fix this problem. . . . i say it can, decent tuning can. i had a spoon vtec controller- dont see any 'falling on it's face', do ya?

also note they didnt show the a/f ratio. i'm sure everyone that drag races wants that awesome 15/1 a/f ratio, huh?
Old 08-18-2003, 08:43 PM
bad ass fonzie

Originally posted by Cronic
You couldn't fix your a/f with larger injectors and the fuel controller? Also, why did you make so much less power then the one recorded? Just curious. They may very well have had several things done to the motor, but it stated it was a low budget setup.
could i fix the a/f? sure. i've long since fixed the problem, but let's suppose i still had that setup.
first of all, a spoon vtec controller does just that- control vtec. it doesnt do anything to fuel. could i get bigger injectors? sure, if you wanted to do it backwards. just slapping on bigger injectors is useless without the ability to control them- at the very least, a fuel regulator. but now i've probably spent 400 dollars on upgrading the injectors on a stock motor, i'm running rich when i'm not wot, and still am not properly tuned. how much does a vafc cost? or hondata? exactly.
why do i make 'so much less power'? if you read the original post, you'll see that motor is anything but 'stock'. milled head and type-s pistons, all the bolt ons, fuel controller, and so on. doesnt sound like a stock obd1 motor to me. with maybe 11.3 to 1 compression, i dont think it's fair to compare that to my motor or to pass that motor off as what a TRULY stock h22 would do with a gsr ecu.
Old 08-19-2003, 04:45 AM

the only reason they did it was for top end.

if u have vtec when u racing ur obviously going to be in it and the gsr ecu seems to get it done up top. daily driver it would be an issue like john said its hella lean down low.