Green Motoring Discussions on Hybrids, getting more MPG, alternative fuels, oil prices, electric vehicles, global warming and anything else Green Motoring related.

Green Tires - who is using them here and why?

Old 04-17-2009, 07:26 AM
Turn 7 at Sebring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angela, Here is a nice write-up from Tires Rack, you may have already seen it.
Tire Tech Information - Tire Rolling Resistance Part 1: Understanding Corporate Average Fuel Economy

Basically, they say what Loren said "The easiest way to reduce rolling resistance to enhance fuel economy is to make certain that the tires are properly inflated. A vehicle that requires its tires to be inflated to 35 psi (based on the vehicle's tire placard) will have an increase in rolling resistance of approximately 12.5% if the tires are allowed to become under inflated to just 28 psi. Therefore, maintaining the vehicle manufacturer's pressure recommended for light load and heavy load conditions may almost be as important as the tires being used."
Old 04-25-2009, 06:36 PM
???
Capt."Howling Mad"Murdock

Originally Posted by vertigo
Sorry, i forgot my sarcasm tag. Who should be deliver their posthumous darwin awards to? maybe they have kids or something.

i can't help but ask.. so please explain to me why you think 50psi will kill someone?

this is going to be good.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:49 PM

He's entitled to his opinion, as are you.

As I said in the other thread, please don't come in here just to antagonize people. Thanks.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:03 PM
???
Capt."Howling Mad"Murdock

Originally Posted by Loren
He's entitled to his opinion, as are you.

As I said in the other thread, please don't come in here just to antagonize people. Thanks.

am i not allowed to ask him why he has his opinion?

and again, if i am some how antagonizing him, its someone i know off the board. so if it sounds harsh. its not.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally Posted by ???
i can't help but ask.. so please explain to me why you think 50psi will kill someone?

this is going to be good.
I suppose 50psi filled at 50 degrees weather in old, kinda dry rotted tires, causing a blowout at above 70-80MPH in a lifted truck could definately kill someone.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:43 AM
Banned

My 240 was on 205s' with 10in wide wheels and there was actually a MPG difference of about 10% believe it or not. I think the stock tires may have been 225 or something? But I don't suggest such extreme tire stretch, because supposedly its not safe.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:38 AM

At the very least it's retarded and makes me cry, those wheels need 295's......

Last edited by Charles; 05-26-2009 at 04:43 AM.