GM Tech - Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Pontiac, Saturn Tech Technical Discussion for General Motors Products both past and present

impossable to find me ECU, please help.

Old 08-22-2007, 03:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default impossable to find me ECU, please help.

my father owns a 93 formula. and we need the ECU for it. we have looked @ all the junk yards here in orlando and even the dealers....according to the dealer if they order it....we could have it sometime in the middle of next year.... which i think is total BS, GM is telling me they have NO ECU's for this car? wanted to know if anyone out there has the correct ecu or can tell me how to connect a 94+ ecu to mine. apparently according to the tech at the dealer the 93 was the only year to come with my ecu...dont know if thats true. but everytime i order one from shops its not the right one, cause the plugs are different. any help would be awesome.
Those may be the ugliest wheels I've ever seen. Definitely in the top ten. The spokes look like Robocop fingers. Unless your car turns into Robocop when those wheels are installed, stick with what you have.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:17 AM

have you tried any of the 4th gen forums? those guys there have parts for almost anything..
Old 08-22-2007, 07:09 AM

yup had no luck, the ones that have it want crazy amounts of money. someone told me $1000 for it, used. when its $290 new @ the dealer but i gotta wait. i would rather wait.
Those may be the ugliest wheels I've ever seen. Definitely in the top ten. The spokes look like Robocop fingers. Unless your car turns into Robocop when those wheels are installed, stick with what you have.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:26 AM
PSSHHH x2

yes they are different, 93 runs speed density stock, no MAF. it also uses the 7730 ecu setup, which means you have to flash new .bin files for the tune, you cant tune it on the fly like you can with the later years.

try speeddensity.org, they all have 93's..and remember you can use the opposite tranny ecu, but it will need to be reflashed with the proper .bin for your tranny, the electrical pulses are very out of whack...if your auto and put in a 6spd ecu, that shit will read roughly 1:50...3mph will peg your speedo at 150, and you'll never see your odometer roll over so quick in your life
Brocks megaphone
Spencercycle 10" swingarm
MPS auto shifter
Hays convertible clutch

Yea, that about sums it up...

Old 08-23-2007, 07:01 PM
the base production unit

advance auto carries them for like $120 or so and need to be flashed. i dont know about the 93's since they arent the same as 94+ but it is worth a shot right?