GM Tech - Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Pontiac, Saturn Tech Technical Discussion for General Motors Products both past and present

Why is reflash so hard in GM CARS!!???

Old 11-19-2005, 06:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Why is reflash so hard in GM CARS!!???

Ok guys, I scrolled through some posts and there are mostly V-8 guys here, now before anyone goes asking ME why am I doing this to my car I will tell you that it is done by choice.

This is what I need. A reflash Wizard that can make magic happen.
I have a 98 Cavalier chassis that has a late 2002 Ecotec 2.2L motor in it, and I need the red line raised a little or taken off and I can put it back in with the MSD box so it's no problem.

WHY IS IT SO HARD?? to reflash or jack into this stupid Ecotec ECU, it does control the BCM part as well.
The reason I wanna do it is because the factory redline is at 6400 RPM and I make peak hp at 6000 and only about 4-5 hp less at 6400 RPM, so it kills me that I have to shift so early if I can get it up to about 7000 or so it would do a lot better for the next gear.
So far the car has a stock bottom end and head and the best to date is a 12.420 @ 110.1mph which is not bad for what it is.

Now it has been done before (this thing cracked) and there is a couple of guys cracking them with some software that they use to tune the dune buggies motors with and stuff and GM does it for the Supercharger and stuff so I know it IS possible but I am 99.99% positive you CANNOT do it with like any LT1 or LS1 edit or any kinda of program that tunes those motors I guess the ECU's are easier to crack then mine, but what makes MINE so damn special it is GM after all.

Also, the car has a governor at 108 mph and I hit 110+ in the 1/4 so I have to put the VSS out everytime I race and I lose my speed so that is really annoying, and the HP Tuners is supposebly coming out with the program for the L61's (Ecotec motors) but they said it like a years ago and they keep on postponing our program for the new GM motors that keep coming out like LS2 and such.

So would anyone be willing, that has this capability, to see if their editing program would work on our ECU's (Ecos) I would buy a spare ECU from a junk yard and see what we can do??

Thanks I hope someone know anything about this crap I am tired of HPTuners coming out with EMPTY promises.
Jazz
Old 11-20-2005, 11:37 AM

Damn this really don't get visited often at all.
This has been up for 2 days and it is still the 1st one up.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:59 PM
can survive...

Sorry bro, Im working like crazy this time of the year.

No other programming software will work as its locked to either VIN or model/ year. It also has only certain parameters for the specified car that its bought for. So, its a waste of time for anyone to try. The best you can do it to find a tuner (maybe visit the ECOtech boards) or wait for tuning software to be available. HP Tuners is good shit. Ive wanted to buy it for a long time, but dont have the cash. The reason that it probably keeps getting put off is because of the market demand. Im sure there is a bigger demand for the V8 stuff as opposed to the ecotech.

12.2 is pretty good for that setup man.