GM Tech - Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Pontiac, Saturn Tech Technical Discussion for General Motors Products both past and present

The Build.

Old 10-23-2005, 09:52 AM
PSSHHH x2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Build.

Alright, well i have had a couple people ask what all i was doing, so in the interest of helping others, here is a rundown of whats done/going to be done.

the 357 project

bottom end:

Wiesco -9cc 4.040" pistons
Lunati Pro-Mod 5.85" rods
Eagle forged 3.48" crank (was to be cola 3.8" for 390ci, Thanks Katrina!)
4 bolt splayed mains
block partially filled

should yield 11:1 SCR w/ impy head gaskets.

topend:

Stock LT1 ported castings (977/730/611, 1.6 non s-a rockers, morel lifters)
Stock LT1 ported intake
Monoblade TB
cam slightly larger than GM847

i will plan on spinning it to just 7000 for the time being due to computer limitations. once i can get an SDS or accel DFI setup, i will switch to my larger cam and spin 7500-7800

if anyone has anymore questions feel free to ask. dont really have anything to hide with the setup, it will make power, and if it can help someone in some way then this post has served its purpose.
Brocks megaphone
Spencercycle 10" swingarm
MPS auto shifter
Hays convertible clutch

Yea, that about sums it up...

Old 10-23-2005, 03:08 PM
can survive...

Looks good Kenny! Why are you staying with a stock head though? Do you plan to use a power adder or N/A? With the cheeze youre going to put into the motor, I would look to a set of AFRs or equivilant for a beefier design. Do aftermarket heads for the LT1s have a thicker deck like the LS1s do?

I like the splayed mains. Done right, they are stronger than a 4 bolt block. What parts of the block are you going to fill and why? I dont recommend filling a block if its driven on the street, especially in our heat.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:33 PM
PSSHHH x2

its only a partial fill of the bottom portion of the cylinders, where the sideloading is more present. itll come to just the bottom of the freeze plugs.

yea, i plan on using some bottle later on aswell. and ill pass on the AFR's...the heads flow pretty well...not enough to justify me spending 3k+ to get another 40cfm...maybe. i mentioned it before, but i am still trying to work out the details of converting sbc heads to reverse flow cooling, some decent, 350cfm sbc heads and a nice cam would put me well over 500 on motor. i think the easier route would actually to be get a TPI car, like my vette, and toss some heads on there with a miniram or stealth ram manifold. but that will be my next project i guess.
Brocks megaphone
MPS auto shifter
Hays convertible clutch

Old 10-27-2005, 01:59 PM
99ProblemsButABitchAin't1

Since you've moved on to something meaner, I was wondering how your old set-up worked out for you. I remember I talked to you a while back and you told me that you had a stock, 150K mile longblock with that Vortech, correct? How much power did you eventually put down? How reliable was it? It was meth injected and not intercooled, right? I keep tossing around the idea for F.I., but my car is at 146K. Just wondering if that blower of yours is the reason why you're currently rebuilding your motor.

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!" -Conan
Old 10-27-2005, 02:07 PM
What can Brown do for you

Kenny it's about time you made up your mind. I have been listening to your wishy washy ways for years.

If you change one more thing I Am gonna beat you down!

Arnold! You gonna sell me that 400 yet? hahaha
Old 10-27-2005, 02:30 PM
99ProblemsButABitchAin't1

C'mon Eddie, take the whole heap off my hands! Or atleast talk T/A Dave into splitting it with you; I know he wants the Richmond 5-speed off it.

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!" -Conan

Last edited by Guado; 10-27-2005 at 02:53 PM.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:54 PM
What can Brown do for you

T/A dave has a new toy already...
Old 10-27-2005, 08:00 PM
PSSHHH x2

Originally Posted by ponchoV8
Since you've moved on to something meaner, I was wondering how your old set-up worked out for you. I remember I talked to you a while back and you told me that you had a stock, 150K mile longblock with that Vortech, correct? How much power did you eventually put down? How reliable was it? It was meth injected and not intercooled, right? I keep tossing around the idea for F.I., but my car is at 146K. Just wondering if that blower of yours is the reason why you're currently rebuilding your motor.
old set up worked well IMO. and yes, it was a bone stock 160+k mile longblock with the blower. with longtubes, and through the 9" and slicks, i made 408/402 at 6psi. i never got the alcohol dialed in, gravity was kicking my ass, i wasnt realizing i mounted the setup badly, and it would empty the lines out and it wouldnt kick on till mid run.

and no, the blower isnt the reason, too much traction is. dead hooked on gandy and snapped a driveshaft, and then bent some pushrods and decided it was time to get serious about it.
Brocks megaphone
MPS auto shifter
Hays convertible clutch