GM Tech - Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Pontiac, Saturn Tech Technical Discussion for General Motors Products both past and present

350 Problem

Old 09-19-2005, 06:43 PM
00 Yzf R1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350 Problem

Got a 88 2500 4x4 was muddin with it and rompin on it a lil. but it started to miss and is blowing white smoke out the driverside exhaust. also has a slight noise doesnt sound really like a knock. but def a noise. my buddy thinks it might be the clutch b/c i can feel some vibration in the clutch pedal and the noise is def lower part of the motor. i think it might be a head gasket due to water being in the oil but it isnt overheating. the oil psi did drop about half or so since this happened but will still go to 60 psi. any ideas if this could be a spun main bearing? or if this is all due to a head gasket? any ideas lmk thnx
Old 09-19-2005, 07:08 PM
Has V.I.P in HELL!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

u might of cracked the head or block white smoke is water,blue is oil an black is gas.
i would drain the oil if theirs water in their also check your distr. cap u might have water in it and that could be why u are missing.but think of it this way oil floats on water and your oil pump is down toward the bottom of the pan,so u will suck up water and run water threw your bearings and engine parts before u put oil to them and if the engine is hot it makes for a good way to crack blocks,heads.u might have spun a bearing.pull the plugs and check the tips if there bent in or screwed up u might have stuck a valve or lost a wrist pin.