GM Tech - Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Pontiac, Saturn Tech Technical Discussion for General Motors Products both past and present

So where are they at?

Old 05-28-2005, 09:04 AM
PSSHHH x2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

aslong as you know. it is JUST a dream.

im guessing the new motor will be weaker, so you dont run out of steam at the 1000ft mark. or have you added gear/tire?
Brocks megaphone
Spencercycle 10" swingarm
MPS auto shifter
Hays convertible clutch

Yea, that about sums it up...

Old 05-28-2005, 09:08 AM
Precision Motorsports

John(Gator) I just noticed the links below ur sig, I know they are pics to ur cars. U said somewhere (maybe it was in ur sig awhile ago) about ur street car being faster than ur race car. I am pretty sure ur driving car is the TA. I am pretty caught up with ur mods, and with a cam and a few other bolt ons/tuning torq. and suspension ur outrunning the 95 383?
Tuned by Precision Motorsports
Old 05-28-2005, 09:17 AM

nah, you got it all wrong. His Daily Driver makes more power than his race car does.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:19 AM
PSSHHH x2

lol his daily is his Lightning...the 99 is his car(the one that makes less power than the DD), and the 95 is a ongoing project he has with his dad.
Brocks megaphone
Spencercycle 10" swingarm
MPS auto shifter
Hays convertible clutch

Yea, that about sums it up...

Old 05-28-2005, 09:42 AM
Underdog

Originally Posted by Sneakin Deacon
lol his daily is his Lightning...the 99 is his car(the one that makes less power than the DD), and the 95 is a ongoing project he has with his dad.
bingo. as for the on going project. its starting to finally wrap up. FINALLY.

as for my TA, nothing special at all. its one of the lowest dynoing ls1s in the area. 3500 lbs raceweight, mild cam, and just a couple of boltons. i have run out of money to do the expensive boltons. stock intake, TB, MAF, heads never been off the car, no fancy shit like electric water pumps or anything. stock shocks, lowering springs, etc etc.

Originally Posted by 1Bad00SS
What makes you think you could of keep up with me. Have you ever had that car on a dyno?

Last edited by gator; 05-28-2005 at 09:53 AM.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:10 AM
I have fuzzy eyebrows

Im sure some LS1 nutswinger has probably thrown my name out. And yes..Im invisible. When we line up....I will instantly vanish from your sight

But seriously....you just havent looked. Vinces car is a very fast STREET car.

JuicedSS makes nearly 800 rwhp and is now begining to get to the track.

01BirdofPrey is running around making some HUGE #s

Gator has a cam only plus bolt ons and a lil something and does indeed run 10s

There are many LS1 based cars that can trap from 125-130+ locally.

My shortblock is on a truck on its way back from Houston right now. I will try to be more visible soon.

if it's cheap & reliable, it ain't fast, if it's fast & cheap, it ain't reliable, if it's fast & reliable, it ain't cheap
Old 05-28-2005, 01:13 PM
under estimated

Well thanks to those of you giving my car props. You guys are right, you do not need 700rwhp to go 10's. My car has never made 700hp unless it was on the bottle and I have not ran at the track with the bottle yet. Weight does a play a large factor though. I am going about things the hard way. My car is setup for everything, including driving racing at the drag strip, leaving there racing at an autocross, then drive across the country if need be. It is 100% full weight audio/video system, 18" tires and wheels at all times, spare tire, rear seat...everything. I am just over 4k lbs. Again thanks for the props guys. Hope to see you out.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:52 PM
Camera Car!

Originally Posted by 78mphgpr
Well thanks to those of you giving my car props. You guys are right, you do not need 700rwhp to go 10's. My car has never made 700hp unless it was on the bottle and I have not ran at the track with the bottle yet. Weight does a play a large factor though. I am going about things the hard way. My car is setup for everything, including driving racing at the drag strip, leaving there racing at an autocross, then drive across the country if need be. It is 100% full weight audio/video system, 18" tires and wheels at all times, spare tire, rear seat...everything. I am just over 4k lbs. Again thanks for the props guys. Hope to see you out.

Let's put that puppy on the scales.

My email:
vince99frc@gmail.com
Old 05-28-2005, 05:11 PM
Emeritus

Originally Posted by threeG
not being a dick, but just give me a few examples and are they local cars, what kind of power? what kind of track times?
I know of only 3 700+ rwhp LS1's that are out there running right now.

I know of 2 more on the way.

But what's the point? Sam and the Ford camp are producing some SICK Fords, including Terry's ALL AROUND AWSOME set up right now as well. Soon enough myself, Al, Danny, and Vince should be able to cruise together looking to prove a point or two.

Or....just simply take a beatdown like a man.
Old 05-28-2005, 05:53 PM
B-Rad G

I never said it takes 700 to go 10's. That just seems like the magic number everyone uses. Either going tens or 700 plus seems to be the conversation standard. All I'm doing is trying to prove a point. That point being that there isnt 15 or more LS1 cars around here in the above category, because thats what I get told everytime this topic gets started somewhere. I see 5 above, which is reasonable to me. Are there any more?