GM Tech - Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Pontiac, Saturn Tech Technical Discussion for General Motors Products both past and present

Taking the block to the shop tomorrow!

Old 01-28-2005, 11:52 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taking the block to the shop tomorrow!

Well, I guess Nelson Bros is the winner since they'll actually take my block on a Saturday, so I'm dropping it off. Gonna get it tanked, pressure tested, bored another .010 over to a total of .030 over, decked flat, and notched for a 3.75" stroke without rod contact.

After I get it back... time to buy a new crank, pistons, and rings and put together the bottom end!
Old 01-28-2005, 07:53 PM
I have fuzzy eyebrows

Gotta love starting new projects. Sometimes it seems as though there is so much that needs to get done that it will take forever. But if you keep plugging away at it...pretty soon you your dropping a motor in. Good luck!

if it's cheap & reliable, it ain't fast, if it's fast & cheap, it ain't reliable, if it's fast & reliable, it ain't cheap
Old 01-29-2005, 11:03 AM

good choice! I have known them for about 15 years now. They have always done my stuff right.

Originally Posted by Zate
i still stand by the fact that 75% of 16-23 year olds are dropped babies.
Originally Posted by Boosted240
Mustangs are the hondas of the domestic cars. The drivers are always doing ricer revs and just like hondas, about the only place you cant buy parts for them is at 7-11.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:44 AM
Banned

Well, the block is off. I'm just waiting for a call either today or tomorrow to see if it passed the pressure test. If it's an uncracked block, I'll let them have at it.