GM Tech - Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Pontiac, Saturn Tech Technical Discussion for General Motors Products both past and present

LS1 camaro's w/cams in here please.

Old 11-30-2004, 04:05 PM
LT1's are slow!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try the Lingenfelter GT1-1 cam, it's on a 114 LSA.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:40 PM
Underdog

Originally posted by Country Boy
What same cam? I hope they didnt stoop to copy someone elses design and call it theirs.....
who actually specs their own cams out other than FMS and LGM - oh wait, LG just points at the comp cam catelogs lol.

Originally Posted by 1Bad00SS
What makes you think you could of keep up with me. Have you ever had that car on a dyno?
Old 11-30-2004, 06:06 PM
can survive...

Originally posted by gator
who actually specs their own cams out other than FMS and LGM - oh wait, LG just points at the comp cam catelogs lol.
Its a little more than just pointing at 2 specs and going with a LSA. One degree off can mean BIG differences. Then you have to find a ICL that works. Have you seen a Comp Catelog? Theres alot of different lobes on the XE-R lobe. Picking 2 that work with the right ICL and advance take a bit more than finger pointing
Old 11-30-2004, 06:13 PM
The little 5.0 that could

Originally posted by Ozorowsky
I'm still really undecided on cam. *sigh* Sorry to be a pain in the ass. You don't have to reply if you don't want to. I'm searching I promise.
Take your time, the last thing you want to do is dive right in and buy a cam and the have to pull it out because it's too small or big.

But, here's another bit of advice in the form of a quote, "Go big or go home!"
Old 11-30-2004, 06:20 PM
Underdog

yes i have seen the full comp catelog. all you have to do is search the boards and you can find all the specs. really carl, it isnt rocket science, everyone steals cam specs. hell when someone puts it on a cam doctor and finds the specs, its over. the almighty LG sekrit spec cams are a joke. i mean they work great, and it was his R&D time to see what worked, but it isnt his lobe profile design. it is just flat out of the catelog.

but i agree with your statement that there is a LOT more to a cam than just the duration at .050" valve lift or lsa. there are so many variables and honestly the values given by cam specs are just averages. my cam in the TA sounds like a damn prostock car but really is a small cam (230 degrees of duration).

Originally Posted by 1Bad00SS
What makes you think you could of keep up with me. Have you ever had that car on a dyno?
Old 11-30-2004, 06:27 PM
can survive...

True, its just a cataloge lobe, but like we both said, it takes time and R&D to find lobes that work together.

I dont care who "copies" a cam design, its just not right and its lazyness to just profit off of someone elses work. True, it does happen, but its alot better to come up with an original design.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:17 AM
Bombs over Baghdad...

Oz, good luck with picking a cam combo. IMO, Alan Futrul has the best stuff out there and really knows LS1's. I used to have one of his cams in my WS6. He has some of the fastest LS!'s cars in the country and its for a reason. Call him up and tell him what you want, your goals, etc and Im sure he can help you out. he is not the cheapest and is def not the most expensive.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:13 PM

Originally posted by TheShow50h
Take your time, the last thing you want to do is dive right in and then have to pull it out because it's too big.

I HATE when I have to do that!