General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Car Trouble

Old 03-01-2003, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Trouble

I have been having some problems with my car, can anyoine help diagnose the problem?

It just got a new computer a month ago, it was shutting off randomly, kinda wierd. It went in the shop, they replaced the computer, some sensors, the water pump, and i think the alternator. Then tonight my battery died... anyone have an idea... if not anyone can take turns beating it with a fucking sludge hammer

^^TRiPdAsE>>

Don't get NeT-DeViL PWNED!
Old 03-03-2003, 04:43 PM

Its your fuel man, its got a nasty hole.

J/K

Is the check engine light on? If so maybe you can diagnose it through the test terminal? What exactly is happening? Your just driving along and all the sudden it dies?
Old 03-04-2003, 06:43 AM

Default what??

why the hell they replace all that the alternator and the water pump how much that stuff cost ya that is all electrical not mechanical caues the electrical components are draining out ur battery......
Old 03-04-2003, 08:59 AM
Forever Broke Nissan

Clean you battery off as to a dirty battery will last not as long as a clean one. Check the distilled water level in you battery where the two plastic caps are on the top. You have to use a flashlight and look down the 6 holes and see if the water is above the plastic pieces hanging down from the top of the battery. Then check your ground wire from the battery to the car and make sure every thing is tight. Do the same for the power wire too.

My car used to do the same thing and all it was, was a loose ground connection to the car from the battery. Always try the simple and free fixes first.

Old 03-05-2003, 11:04 AM

Well, the car was just shutting off while i was driving in like November. So i put it in the shop and got all the work done for like 600 bucks... done by a friiend. I have had it back for like a month, and the battery died. It's not an old battery, I got it in November, but the terminals might be dirty, don't know, it started when i jumped it, so i doubt there is a problem with the terminals.

Old 03-05-2003, 11:38 AM

Okay, so i walked out to my car, and decided to try and start it, see if it was still clicking. It starts right up after it chokes for a second or two. I pop the hood and realize that my belt is squeaking, i turn off the motor and put some squeak stop STP shit on it, and the car won't start back up... I am goin to kill this plymoth piece of shit...

Old 03-05-2003, 06:18 PM
Forever Broke Nissan

oh its a plymouth. that xplains it. lol. jk

check and see if the belts are too tight. if the are you might have burnt your alternator. if they are good then i kinda dont know.

Old 03-05-2003, 06:19 PM
Forever Broke Nissan

test the battery like stated before and check your sark plugs, oil, and gas. you said it was sitting since november? did you have the car running just before you got it fixed or was it sitting for a while also?

Old 03-10-2003, 01:01 PM

No, the problem is that it is a plymoth, plymoths are pieces of shit... Anyway, i replaced my battery, and drove it to my house in sarasota. I get off the Sarasota exit, 2 miles from my house, and the fucker dies again. I am pretty sure that it is my alternator, So I am gonna replace that tomorrow. Advice to everyone... don't ever ever ever buy a Plymoth... they are peices of shit, i don't care how cheap they are... don't buy one