General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

CV Joints?

Old 02-17-2003, 05:11 PM
+Tien sus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CV Joints?

I was advised that it is about time to change my cv joints because they showed signs of tearing and that some of the grease had already leaked out.....so what steps should i take to getting this fixed?

I have a 96 accord in case it matters

Mr. Game and Watch Drift
Old 02-17-2003, 05:48 PM
The Freak

Are you getting any clicking sounds when taking corners?? If not, just change the boots. You can get a universal boot kit at an Autozone. If you are geting the clicking then it's time to change the CV joints (front axles). I've actually never changed them on my past FWD cars, but I'm sure someone else could let you know of the process.

Matt
Old 02-17-2003, 07:47 PM
Currently Ballin'

Wierd, I just ran into this how-to today. It's for a civic, but it's essentially the same.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=382416
Old 02-22-2003, 12:46 PM
Haul'n the Family

If you are gonna replace the boot, just do the whole thing, CV's arent too expensive. If one is starting to go, you will be replacing the other soon.
I try to keep my boots armour all'd when I am under there to change the oil. But my boot on my Altima is finally starting to tear after 120K miles. Good luck.