General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Dear God, The Stang Caught Fire.

Old 12-14-2002, 05:03 AM
Vertically Challenged

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dear God, The Stang Caught Fire.

Wow, am I Pissed. I was working on the distributor yesterday trying to get my car started, and I tried the 1,5 firing order that I hadn't tried yet. I loosened the intake off the carburetor to see what it was doing, and then, when I went to start the car, boom, the carb backfired, and it caught my air filter on fire, then for some reason, I guess because of the oil leakage I had, the fire pretty much roasted my intake, and quite a bit of other parts on the top of the engine. So Ive had enough, Im taking it back to the guy, I dont want nothing in exchange, except to be out of the damn contract Im on... hes agreed to take it back and cancel the contract. Wow, it sucks.

Affordable Web Design, Graphics Design, SEO, and Internet Marketing. chris@splashmediaflorida.com
Old 12-14-2002, 06:16 AM

Before you buy something else make sure to take someone along who knows what to look for.

As the following ads show you will be able to find something better in the area for about the same amount you have already spent.

http://autotrader.com/findacar/vdetail.jtmpl?car_id=117923639

http://autotrader.com/findacar/vdetail.jtmpl?car_id=117934306

Just try to stick the private sellers and stay away from the used dealers.

Good luck on your refund and car search.
Old 12-14-2002, 06:41 AM

yeah... private sellers all the way. Ive been to a couple small dealerships that sold vehicles at really low prices (in Ohio) dealers like that are 1 in a million.

Your first mistake was buying a mustang :o
Old 12-14-2002, 07:59 AM
Team Geritol Racing

So I guess there's no need for me to come over today to tweak it into the 12's.
Old 12-14-2002, 09:56 AM

Dang it i just emailed xpcorpc,about some ish for his ride,well guess you wont be needing it bro ..later Ray
Old 12-14-2002, 10:03 AM

Way to avoid engine fires:

1) You should have marked the firing order before you pulled everything off, instead of trying to guess later on.

2) Dont start a car that has a loose carb on the top of it.
Old 12-14-2002, 10:27 AM
Vertically Challenged

FIXED!!!!! I paid some guy some money to look at the car, he said the fire didnt cause any Damage, I just replaced the Air Filter, car still wont start though. It did burn some oil though, so the engine is a little dirty.. but that can be fixed, Dr. Dirt, I need you over here man! LoL! Give me a call, My number is in the e-mail I sent ya.

Affordable Web Design, Graphics Design, SEO, and Internet Marketing. chris@splashmediaflorida.com
Old 12-14-2002, 12:41 PM
Vertically Challenged

LoL, im really a domestic guy, the only reason I was even thinking about getting an import was because I was pissed.. very pissed, lol.