General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Ford reintroduces the 1965 Mustang

Old 10-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Blood In Blood Out

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford reintroduces the 1965 Mustang

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/ford-reintroduces-the-1965-mustang.html

[h=2]If all you wanna do is ride around, the classic convertible can be yours for $15,000.[/h]

Ford Motor Co. will soon sell brand-new 1965 Ford Mustangsfor just $15,000 each. The only hitch: There's some assembly required.

As part of its Ford Reproduction business, Ford revealed today it had approved a new stamping of the steel bodies for first-generation Mustang that buyers could then build into their own 1964 1/2 through 1966 Mustang, using whatever engine, axles, interior and other parts they can find on their own.

The first-generation Mustangs rank as America's most-restored vehicle, and the cottage industry of reproduction parts has grown to where it's possible to build a Mustang just as it would have appeared on the showroom floor in the mid-1960s, down to
the pushbutton AM/FM radio.

Ford says the new body shell built by California-based
Dynacorn has been improved only slightly with modern welding techniques and rustproofing, and comes out of the crate nearly ready for paint and assembly. The company already offers metal bodies for Mustangs from 1967 through 1970, and has been in talks with Ford to remake the original body of the Ford Bronco. There's still life in those old horses yet.

I'll take 2

Old 10-28-2011, 02:56 PM
mowchowbrowncow

thats pretty dope, if i had the cash id deff do it.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Registered Hater

Fucking gay! Those cars sucked ass. They handled like shit, braked like shi wait they didnt fucking brake, they were slow as shit, and sounded like shit, or and are uncomfortable as shit. Yes they are shit, go drive one and you will go what the fuck is this?

Honda builds go from yay to gay in the matter of a K.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:18 PM
Rey
Banned

i'd be all over it if i cared about those cars.. I personally know people 20-40k deep in a restoration that began as non running rust buckets. NOW, all you need is a little here and there, paint and you're done.... I LOVE IT.......

now I will wait for toyota to follow suit and bring back the te72/te27....
Old 10-28-2011, 05:32 PM
Mr. NiceGuy

Originally Posted by FoxHondaRider
Fucking gay! Those cars sucked ass. They handled like shit, braked like shi wait they didnt fucking brake, they were slow as shit, and sounded like shit, or and are uncomfortable as shit. Yes they are shit, go drive one and you will go what the fuck is this?
I bet you'd take a honda over a classic mustang any day, huh?
Old 10-28-2011, 06:06 PM
E & I Certified

nice ! .. when is the '70 challenger coming out ??
Old 10-28-2011, 06:09 PM
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

pretty dope, but companies have been doing this for over a decade now.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:11 PM
Rey
Banned

^not at that price.. 15k....... plus its FORD original and not some catalog car
Old 10-28-2011, 06:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FoxHondaRider
Every once in a blue moon, you make some great posts.....Other times, like this one above, you just look fucking retarded.

You get just the body numb-nuts. The whole car is customizable. Do you know how much cool shit you could do to that car????
Old 10-28-2011, 06:16 PM
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Originally Posted by REY
^not at that price.. 15k....... plus its FORD original and not some catalog car
while they aren't a "manufacturer" piece, most kits you can buy are to the EXACT specs that they were in the past, IIRC the Caterham 7 kit is like $8000 or so, add S2k driveline and you're on the money.

Quick Reply: Ford reintroduces the 1965 Mustang